Lu Kang, Visionary General, or Traitor to his Kingdom?

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Lu Kang

Visionary General
75%
Traitor to his Kingdom
11%
Don't Know/Don't Care
14%

Total votes : 72

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Wed Apr 06, 2005 5:34 pm

At this point, there were plenty of good generals in Wu: Lü Ju, Sun Yi, Ding Feng, Lu Kang, and such come to mind.

The problem is people like Sun Jun and Sun Lin, not very talented generals - and cruel ones at that - who come into power for no reason other than their family name.

Lu Kang made the right choice by not attacking Jin. Yes, it was insubordination, but it was also patriotism, not treachery. Sun Hao was the most close-minded of people - this was shown by his cruel treatment of people and his jealousy of Sun Feng's popularity.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:40 pm

Lu Kang did what he thought best for Wu, what is the crime?
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Cao Chao » Fri Feb 10, 2006 3:46 pm

Well, the crime is "colluding with the enemy." :roll:
曹操曰:宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我!
Cao Chao
Langzhong

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:40 pm

You can be friends with a rival general as long as it does not affect your duty. I do not belive it affected Lu Kang
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Cao Chao » Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:41 pm

Well, it's colluding in the point of view of the totalitarian ruler that lords it over you...
曹操曰:宁教我负天下人,休教天下人负我!
Cao Chao
Langzhong

Unread postby Little_Phoenix » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:21 am

Dong Zhou wrote:You can be friends with a rival general as long as it does not affect your duty. I do not belive it affected Lu Kang

but it affected the court. it happen in the real world too. sometimes we do the right thing according to our opinion, but it went wrong to others.
Lu Kang thinks he don't do any wrong but the ruler think different.
and before Sun Hao ordered Lu Kang to attack Wei, there is rumor about him being friend with Yang Hu. so i think in the court, there is people who jealous of Lu Kang and turn back the fact. make bad rumor. but for me, Lu Kang is a hero....and Lu Xun should be proud of him.
Little_Phoenix
Changshi

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:50 am

Lu Kang is a visionary general... He knew he can't defeat Wei even if he attack... I think it is only natural to become friends with the enemies... example : Xu Huang and Guan Yu... They still give their best for their country...

Lu Kang is the same as Lu Xun... he urges Sun Hao to concentrate more on domestic affair than trying the hopeless invasion against Wei...
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:55 am

I don't think he's a traitor, but to call him a visionary might be going too far as well. I'm going to stay more moderate here and call him a 'good general.' The other Wu general I have come to like from later-Wu is Tao Huang.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re:

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:30 am

SlickSlicer wrote:I don't think he's a traitor, but to call him a visionary might be going too far as well. I'm going to stay more moderate here and call him a 'good general.' The other Wu general I have come to like from later-Wu is Tao Huang.

i have never heard of this wu officer, however, i am not familiar with the later of the three kingdom officers.

do you possibly have a bio on him?
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Lu Kang, Visionary General, or Traitor to his Kingdom?

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:34 am

As for the whole thing about how Lu Kang was a traitor or w/e, i think thats bs

He is considered the last hero of wu, Grandson of Sun Ce, father of Wu (seeing as though there is no evidence, i dont think, that Sun Jian started up the idea of Wu, being a loyaltist to the Han)

However, his bio is offely short in the kongming officer site that i use.

I was wondering if you have any bios on Lu Xun's first son (i think), and why he really isnt...known.

Lu Xun, one of my top 10 favorites, and 1/3 favorite of the famours Wu Strategist's.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives