Cao Cao's Life

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby man4422 » Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:06 pm

jonathanyu wrote:I think that it really wasn't Guan Yu's fault for letting Cao Cao go. It was Zhuge Liang, because he let Guan Yu guard Huarong even though he knew that Guan Yu would let Cao Cao go. What the heck was Zhuge Liang thinking? I thought he should have put Guan Yu with Zhang Fei. Or Guan Yu should have just not done anything

As I said, if Guan Yu were to kill Cao Cao, then Sun Quan will try to invade Cao Cao's teritories. Then Liu Bei and the rest will be in danger.

Secondly, Zhuge Liang allow Guan Yu to repay the kindness as Cao Cao have let Guan Yu off though Guan Yu did kill his generals after Guan Yu left Cao Cao.

Thirdly, if Cao Cao died, the rest of the officials might resent Zhuge Liang and Liu Bei, and if Liu Bei pacify Cao Cao teritories, I dont think Cao Cao officials are willing to submit to Liu Bei.

Rgds
man4422
man4422
Master

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:25 pm

If I was Guan Yu? Kill Cao Cao becuase Cao Pi has no real milatry expirence. In fact kill all that come my way that are not Wu or Shu men
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Shu Hu Yang » Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:21 am

If Tsao Tsao was indeed slain in Chi Bi then Sun Chaun and his kingdom Wu would have conquered china, being how much more powerful it was compared to Shu. Shu was , in the novel, a kingdom made of heroes, but even heroes need pawns to win. That's why Sima Yi won in the end, he was able to play everyone as a pawn.
Shu Hu Yang
Tyro

Re: Cao Cao's Life

Unread postby Ricky » Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:44 am

Chen Kun wrote:Guan Yu spared Cao Cao's life in Chibi battle.From your perspective,was it the right decision?what was the effect to the history,China,Wu and especially to Liu Bei?
If you were Guan Yu,what would have you done?I think capturing Cao Cao alive would be the right decision :?

If I was Guan Yu, of course I would let Cao Cao go free Cao Cao is a great hero to me. I would also give him Red hare Guan Do all my stuff. :twisted:
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby the glorious sun jian » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:36 am

that did not happen histroricaly

if i were guan yu i will kill cao cao even if he means alot to me still he is not to be saved
cao cao
1- cao cao attacked us first at the xiao pi and xia pi which caused us to be spearated and were almost gonna killed
2-he attacked us at ru nan and liu bei was just to be killed if not the god made him live
3-he chased us at chang pan and was willing to put us to death .

for these cao cao must not be saved .
لا اله الا الله محمد عبده ورسوله
the glorious sun jian
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ricky » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:02 pm

the glorious sun jian wrote:that did not happen histroricaly

if i were guan yu i will kill cao cao even if he means alot to me still he is not to be saved
cao cao
1- cao cao attacked us first at the xiao pi and xia pi which caused us to be spearated and were almost gonna killed
2-he attacked us at ru nan and liu bei was just to be killed if not the god made him live
3-he chased us at chang pan and was willing to put us to death .

for these cao cao must not be saved .

Apparently it does in the first post. And all those things Cao Cao had a reason to do. His obsessing with Jing, brought most of the last reasons you gave. He is a great leader and man. I would take pride letting him free.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shadowlink » Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:14 pm

On the Chinese program I watch... Cao Cao actually gave his land to his soldiers..

I thought the plan was not to kill Cao Cao because the plan was only to weaken him.
Shadowlink
Langzhong

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives