Han Loyalists

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Han Loyalists

Unread postby Stefanos » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:18 am

As you all *should* know, during the Hans most critical moment, many loyal followers rose up to quell the rebellions. The upholders of the Han were few, and mostly weak and without any means of purging the rebels from China.

Personally, I find the loyalists weak and pitiful, and they should have given up before they started. During Dong Zhuo's time, he put a child on the imperial seat and made a puppet out of him. The mandate of the Han was almost completely gone by this time.

One such example is Liu Bei, loyalist or traitor? What are your thoughts?
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
User avatar
Stefanos
我的甜孩子
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:08 pm
Location: Dont get on the plane.

Unread postby Lady Wu » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:21 am

I'm not going to say anything about Liu Bei (*looks around for angry Shu people with stones*), but one man who was really loyal to Han was Xun Yu -- he tried to prevent Cao Cao from usurping, even if it meant that he himself would be killed.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
User avatar
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu
 
Posts: 12836
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2002 2:35 am
Location: Wu-ere else?

Unread postby Stefanos » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:28 am

Lady Wu wrote:I'm not going to say anything about Liu Bei (*looks around for angry Shu people with stones*), but one man who was really loyal to Han was Xun Yu -- he tried to prevent Cao Cao from usurping, even if it meant that he himself would be killed.


Dont worry, I like Shu, but to a certain extent. Yes, Xun Yu was very loyal, but werent his attempts in vain? Han was a rotting carcas at that time and there was no way any one person couldve stopped the inevitable.
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
User avatar
Stefanos
我的甜孩子
 
Posts: 1004
Joined: Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:08 pm
Location: Dont get on the plane.

Unread postby Jimayo » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:41 am

Cao Cao could have.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells
 
Posts: 3308
Joined: Sat Jun 15, 2002 1:38 am
Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Chen Kun » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:28 pm

Lady Wu wrote:I'm not going to say anything about Liu Bei (*looks around for angry Shu people with stones*), but one man who was really loyal to Han was Xun Yu -- he tried to prevent Cao Cao from usurping, even if it meant that he himself would be killed.

(Chen Kun hides his stone quickly) :twisted:
Xun Yu was too naive if he think that Cao Cao was a loyalist. :(
I AM CHEN KUN OF SOC,WHO DARE TO CHALLENGE ME?
User avatar
Chen Kun
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:43 pm
Location: Neverland

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:36 pm

Hmm I never saw Xun Yu as a real loyalist.
Anyways, Liu Bei was not loyal because he used his fake ties to the Han to manipulate the child Emperor, claim land that wasn't his, and later usurp to become Emperor himself.
Sun Jian rendered great service to the Han and I have no reason to doubt his loyalty to the Han.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
User avatar
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ
 
Posts: 3357
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:49 pm
Location: the Doghouse

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:38 pm

Zhou Gongjin wrote:Sun Jian rendered great service to the Han and I have no reason to doubt his loyalty to the Han.


I guess you must be talking about the novel perspective cos that guy was in no way a loyal Han servant in history.

Even in the novel, Sun Jian kept the Jade Seal with intention of setting up his own base in the south.
User avatar
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei
 
Posts: 1113
Joined: Sun Jun 16, 2002 2:38 am
Location: North of the River

Unread postby Chen Kun » Sun Oct 06, 2002 4:56 pm

Great Deer wrote:
Zhou Gongjin wrote:Sun Jian rendered great service to the Han and I have no reason to doubt his loyalty to the Han.


I guess you must be talking about the novel perspective cos that guy was in no way a loyal Han servant in history.

Even in the novel, Sun Jian kept the Jade Seal with intention of setting up his own base in the south.

yeah Sun Jian wanted to keep Han for himself :x
I AM CHEN KUN OF SOC,WHO DARE TO CHALLENGE ME?
User avatar
Chen Kun
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 777
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:43 pm
Location: Neverland

Unread postby Mitsunari Ishida » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:32 pm

Chen Kun wrote:
Great Deer wrote:
Zhou Gongjin wrote:Sun Jian rendered great service to the Han and I have no reason to doubt his loyalty to the Han.


I guess you must be talking about the novel perspective cos that guy was in no way a loyal Han servant in history.

Even in the novel, Sun Jian kept the Jade Seal with intention of setting up his own base in the south.

yeah Sun Jian wanted to keep Han for himself :x


I do not see anything wrong with that, I should imagine Sun Jian being a much better leader than anyone involved in the Han was. And I think Han loyalist like Lu Zhi, Haungfu Song, Zhu Jun and He Jin were good at holding up the Han in its time, the downside was, that they were all to old and died not long after the short time of piece after the Yellow Turbans., thats when Dong Zhou who had helped remove the Yellow Turbans rose to power.
Last edited by Mitsunari Ishida on Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitsunari Ishida
Scholar
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2002 9:21 pm
Location: England

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:46 pm

Great Deer wrote:
I guess you must be talking about the novel perspective cos that guy was in no way a loyal Han servant in history.

Even in the novel, Sun Jian kept the Jade Seal with intention of setting up his own base in the south.


I recall a 17 year old Sun Jian killing pirates, and later killing more rebels on the Emperor's orders.

Chen Kun wrote:
yeah Sun Jian wanted to keep Han for himself :x


Now what the hell is that supposed to mean?
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
User avatar
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ
 
Posts: 3357
Joined: Fri Jun 14, 2002 3:49 pm
Location: the Doghouse

Next

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved

 
cron