Han Loyalists

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Jimayo » Sun Oct 06, 2002 5:59 pm

I recall Cao Cao, Liu Bei, and Dong Zhuo all attacking rebels on the emperor's orders too.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Stefanos » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:01 pm

Zhou Gongjin wrote:
Great Deer wrote:
I guess you must be talking about the novel perspective cos that guy was in no way a loyal Han servant in history.

Even in the novel, Sun Jian kept the Jade Seal with intention of setting up his own base in the south.

See, even a loyalist realized that the Han was dead. Sun Jian was merely taking the nessecary precautions to secure his own power and land.
I told you I get paid for every letter.. like abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:06 pm

Jimayo Oyamitch wrote:I recall Cao Cao, Liu Bei, and Dong Zhuo all attacking rebels on the emperor's orders too.

Cao Cao kidnapped the Emperor after failing to eliminated the Han rebels. Liu Bei only had a few small victories that were attributed to others, Dong Zhuo was a failure and betrayed the Han by killing the Emperor.

Zhou Yu wrote:See, even a loyalist realized that the Han was dead. Sun Jian was merely taking the nessecary precautions to secure his own power and land.

*applause*
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Jimayo » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:13 pm

Zhou Gongjin wrote:Cao Cao kidnapped the Emperor after failing to eliminated the Han rebels. Liu Bei only had a few small victories that were attributed to others, Dong Zhuo was a failure and betrayed the Han by killing the Emperor.

And when did Sun Jian uphold the Han?
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Stefanos » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:15 pm

When didnt he uphold it? :wink:
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:17 pm

Jimayo Oyamitch wrote:
Zhou Gongjin wrote:Cao Cao kidnapped the Emperor after failing to eliminated the Han rebels. Liu Bei only had a few small victories that were attributed to others, Dong Zhuo was a failure and betrayed the Han by killing the Emperor.

And when did Sun Jian uphold the Han?

When he led the van against Dong Zhuo, killed Hua Xiong. And before that killed others in the south who defied the Emperor.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Jimayo » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:32 pm

I recall Cao Cao being the one who called for the coalition.
Jimayo

Unread postby Stefanos » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:34 pm

He did indeed, but the call was met by Sun Jian and many others. But, did Cao Cao lead the van to Hulao Gate? He called for volunteers then hid back behind Yuan Shao and Sun Jian, while they took all the damage.
Last edited by Stefanos on Sun Oct 06, 2002 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby Mitsunari Ishida » Sun Oct 06, 2002 6:39 pm

Sun Jian was also the first to get to Luoyang, and put out the fires, he also angrily turned Li Jue away when Li Jue came to offer him to join with Dong Zhou.
Mitsunari Ishida
Scholar

Unread postby Jimayo » Sun Oct 06, 2002 7:05 pm

Mitsunari Ishida wrote:Sun Jian was also the first to get to Luoyang, and put out the fires, he also angrily turned Li Jue away when Li Jue came to offer him to join with Dong Zhou.

Li Su. And none of the coalition wanted to join Dong Zhuo.
Jimayo

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives