Han Loyalists

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Killerkid282 » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:01 pm

IMHO,every force is a rebel...its every sovereign dream to control the land by themselves and when the Han was reaching to her end,this was the perfect opportunity,whether its Sun Jian.Sun Ce, or Cao Cao
Killerkid282
Initiate

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:06 pm

Sun Jian is widely considered a Han loyalist so I will have to say him. Liu Bei to and I'd consider Zhao Yun but I'm not sure whether he was loyal to the Han or to the people.
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Cao Shang » Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:01 am

I wonder if Liu Bei ever had the idea of restoring the Han... it just was a golden opportunity for him to use on many occasions.
Cao Shang
Langzhong

Re: Han Loyalists

Unread postby Shen Ai » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:43 pm

Xun Yu, was a Han loyalist, but after Cao Cao's victory over Ma Chao at Tong Pass and conquering Yong and Liang provinces, there were few left. Geng Ji and Tian Yu were both loyalists, as well as Ji Ping. Shame they all met rather depressing ends.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re:

Unread postby Hyper90 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:14 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:Wang Lang was nominally Tao Qian's vassal but he was a lord in the south really till Sun Ce beat him

what ? Wang lang was under tao qian ? how did that happen ? how did he went all the way to jiangdong ?
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Re:

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:38 pm

Hyper90 wrote:
Dong Zhou wrote:Wang Lang was nominally Tao Qian's vassal but he was a lord in the south really till Sun Ce beat him

what ? Wang lang was under tao qian ? how did that happen ? how did he went all the way to jiangdong ?

Yep, after he had left service in the Han court, he ended up under Tao Qian. When Qian, on Lang's advice, paid tribute to the court at Chang An, Qian became Governor and seems to have had the right, or at least the practical strength, to allow Lang to form a court in Kuaiji.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Re: Re:

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:28 am

Dong Zhou wrote:
Hyper90 wrote:

Yep, after he had left service in the Han court, he ended up under Tao Qian. When Qian, on Lang's advice, paid tribute to the court at Chang An, Qian became Governor and seems to have had the right, or at least the practical strength, to allow Lang to form a court in Kuaiji.

clever guy, to avoid the chaos in the land. but he still ended up defeated by sun ce and serving cao cao
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:26 pm

He did okay under Cao Cao and Cao Pi and Cao Rui. But he suggested that Rui get more concubines which led to disaster.
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:34 am

I think okay is a little underplaying it and he did protest against Rui's extravagance
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Hyper90 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:15 pm

he believe he died from zhuge liang's debate is fictional...

whats his real death cause ?

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives