Han Loyalists

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:26 am

Why Wang Lang? I don't remember him being much of a loyalist.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Jiang Yi » Mon Sep 03, 2007 7:17 am

umm.....Im sorry its actually Zu Bi----he's the person who hold the imperial seal for the (Han) king and Cao Pi chopped his head off because he refused to give the seal to him saying, "It's the king's property and you can not take it like that!" He was a minor character, check this website to find out: http://www.poisonpie.com/words/others/somewhat/threekingdoms/text/characters_alpha.html
" Think negetively to one thing and you will suceed"
Jiang Yi
Student

Unread postby JamesD » Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:59 pm

The only one that comes to my mind is Liu Yu. Never wanted to do anything that would be deemed a traitor.
JamesD
Langzhong

Unread postby Ricky » Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:48 am

There were so many actually. Where to start?

Liu Bei- Raising an army to stop the YS and bring-back the Han. Going through year's of wandering just fa sometime.

Xun Yu- begging Cao Cao not to usurp when he made a decision.

Cao Cao- He was very loyal when he was raising his banner and trying to kill Dong Zhuo. Few year's later his own ambition's came in the way of being loyal to the Han. after he consulted his advisers.

I'll post more later when I get farther in my novel. I would have said Sun Jian, and perhaps Liu Yan but I don't know enough information about them.

Edit: Ding Yuan- He got Dong Zhuo to show his true intentions. After that he was later betrayed and killed.
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Fri Oct 12, 2007 3:25 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Why Wang Lang? I don't remember him being much of a loyalist.

According to the novel, Wang Lang is one of four man who try to deposed han emperor and raised cao pi to the throne. Is this attitude can make him "loyal to the han"? I think he deserved mark as a traitor. :twisted:
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:13 am

Cao Pi would never have been able to do it with four officials, he had mass support and the Han, under Xian, was doomed. Someone would take over from him eventually, be it Liu Bei, a Cao or Sun Quan. Wang Lang had served the Han in a minor capacity decades ago but left on the death of his patron, refusing service thereafter. He may not have been a loyalist but he was a man who tried to curb Cao Rui's extravagance and tried to keep punishments from being too harsh.

I would not call him a traitor, more a scholar who did the best he could for Wei.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby xiaoxiannu » Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:47 am

Ricky wrote:There were so many actually. Where to start?
Cao Cao- He was very loyal when he was raising his banner and trying to kill Dong Zhuo. Few year's later his own ambition's came in the way of being loyal to the Han. after he consulted his advisers.

I doubt cao cao true ittention was to save Han from Dong Zhuo. I mean he's only seeking a chance to be a true hero at that time of chaos. Maybe... :roll:
Another follower of Sleeping Dragon
xiaoxiannu
Langzhong

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:11 am

Cao Cao was one of the few who opposed the attempt to install Liu Yu as ruler, defending Xian and was one of the few to act properly during the campaign itself.

I think, like Liu Bei, he started off as a Han loyalist but somewhere along the line, his views may have changed.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Zhilong » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:08 am

Was Wang Lang not a warlord himself for a little while?
"You weaver of mats! You plaiter of straw shoes! You have been smart enough to get possession of a large region and elbow your way into the ranks of the nobles. I was just going to attack you, and now you dare to scheme against me! How I detest you!"
Zhilong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Shang Fong Valley with petrol bombs waiting for yours truly.

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:34 am

Wang Lang was nominally Tao Qian's vassal but he was a lord in the south really till Sun Ce beat him
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives