A Few Good Men

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Zhang Ren of Shu » Sat Oct 09, 2004 8:41 pm

This isnt much of a story but....

Zhang Ren fought at Luocheng against Liu Bei and that group. And while most of his officers decided to surrender as soon as they got in a tight spot he kept fighting. And when he got captured, he would not go into service for Liu Bei because of his loyalty to Liu Zhang.

Well, i think my name also shows that im kinda bias towards him, but i think that he should get some bigger mention than, an officer under Liu Zhang.....or am i wrong........ :shock: :lol:
Hey..... I havent posted for...... a month and a bit..... well hopfully I'm back....
Zhang Ren of Shu
Master

Location: In a room full of soft objects..... very soft objects....

Unread postby Zhuge Zhao » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:08 am

Zhang Ren does get a big mention for being loyal to Liu Zhang, many people know about him because he hold off a while against Lord Liu Bei. He even managed to kill Pang Tong. Zhang Ren was a powerful general, he was one of Liu Zhang's top generals. I think if he did surrendered to Xuande he might have done great things serving him, it is such a shame he choose to die instead of serving a virtuous leader like Lord Liu Bei.
Zhuge Zhao
Sage

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Apr 13, 2005 10:18 am

Zhuge Zhao wrote:Zhang Ren does get a big mention for being loyal to Liu Zhang, many people know about him because he hold off a while against Lord Liu Bei. He even managed to kill Pang Tong. Zhang Ren was a powerful general, he was one of Liu Zhang's top generals. I think if he did surrendered to Xuande he might have done great things serving him, it is such a shame he choose to die instead of serving a virtuous leader like Lord Liu Bei.

evidently he thought otherwise about who was the better man to serve
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Gongli » Fri May 20, 2005 7:32 pm

Dong Zhou wrote:
Zhuge Zhao wrote:Zhang Ren does get a big mention for being loyal to Liu Zhang, many people know about him because he hold off a while against Lord Liu Bei. He even managed to kill Pang Tong. Zhang Ren was a powerful general, he was one of Liu Zhang's top generals. I think if he did surrendered to Xuande he might have done great things serving him, it is such a shame he choose to die instead of serving a virtuous leader like Lord Liu Bei.

evidently he thought otherwise about who was the better man to serve

Virtuousity is in the eye of the beholder. Zhang Ren and many of Liu Zhang's more stalwart generals saw Liu Bei as nothing more than a thief.
"There are those who try to shape the world to their own whim,
and then there are those who allow the world to shape them.
It is in the balance that greatness is achieved."
Sun Gongli
Poo Poo Pants

Unread postby AoA-71088 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:12 pm

hmm.. i wish Great Deer would post more stories.. :(

But I found a decent Wu one:

The Rescue of Sun Ce (this was taken from his SGZ bio, translated by Lady Wu

Once, Sun Ce attacked Zu Lang, but was surrounded instead by the enemy. Cheng Pu took one mount with him to defend Sun Ce; he galloped on his horse and yelled loudly, striking the bandits with his spear. The bandits fell back and thus Sun Ce was rescued. Later on, he received the title of General of the Inner Guard Who Destroys the Bandits, with the additional assignment as the Grand Administrator of Lingling.
AoA-71088
Initiate

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives