Brief Chronology of Zhuge Liang's Life

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Wed Sep 25, 2002 8:18 am

Zhang Ren wrote:Why are you using Wei's years? Isn't Zhu Ger Liang suppose to be a Shu.

Han was replaced by Wei first. Shu-Han came into place later. To save space, I've taken only Wei's. Otherwise, it's a bit cramp and IMO, it doesn't really matter since we all know the Gregorian calender. :wink:
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Timeline

Unread postby Russ » Sun Oct 06, 2002 12:54 am

That Timeline is great Chris, awesome job :wink:

Wu General,
Lu Xun
Russ
Legendary

Unread postby The Mask » Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:48 am

It is confusing for me. At 202 AD, Liu Bei defeat Xiahou Dun you say, but at SGYY, Zhuge Liang's plan that make Xiahou Dun defeated by burning his force. And that's mean Liu Bei has visited Zhuge Liang 3 times at Long Zhong, am i correct? :wink:
"Do not try to run away, O rebel! You have fallen into one of the Prime
Minister's traps and had better stay!"
- Jiang Wei to Sima Yi
The Mask
Initiate

Unread postby Ma Zhi Xuan » Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:27 pm

The Mask wrote:It is confusing for me. At 202 AD, Liu Bei defeat Xiahou Dun you say, but at SGYY, Zhuge Liang's plan that make Xiahou Dun defeated by burning his force. And that's mean Liu Bei has visited Zhuge Liang 3 times at Long Zhong, am i correct?

Yup, but I think when Great Dear says Liu Bei defeated Xiahou Dun's forces, he means Liu Bei's forces as a whole, including Zhuge Liang.
Ma Zhi Xuan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In the Symphony of Destruction. Clashing the cymbols.

Unread postby Jimayo » Tue Nov 04, 2003 11:52 pm

Ma Zhi Xuan wrote:Yup, but I think when Great Dear says Liu Bei defeated Xiahou Dun's forces, he means Liu Bei's forces as a whole, including Zhuge Liang.

Actually, Chris is probably going by SGZ, not SGYY. SGYY is not entirely historically accurate, and it was not Zhuge Liang's plan that defeated Xiahou Dun, it was Liu Bei.
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Elven Fury » Mon Jan 12, 2004 10:42 pm

My mental timeline is probably off here so correct me too... just to be sure... it took Liu Bei 3 years to launch the attack to avenge Guan yu's death? i thought he launched the offensive right after he found out... am i wrong here b/c im pretty sure i am...
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lady Zhuge » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:23 pm

Elven Fury wrote:My mental timeline is probably off here so correct me too... just to be sure... it took Liu Bei 3 years to launch the attack to avenge Guan yu's death? i thought he launched the offensive right after he found out... am i wrong here b/c im pretty sure i am...

It wasn't 3 years. According to this timeline, Guan Yu's death was in December of 219 and Liu Bei's attack was in July of 221, so if my math skills haven't failed me, it took him about one and a half years total. But yes, while the novel made it seem like Xuande attacked with his heart instead of his head, history seems to paint a different picture.
Last edited by Lady Zhuge on Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

¡°ÈËÉú²»¿ÉÄÜÄÇôƽµ££¬ ÄÇôÏ뵱Ȼ£» ²»¿ÉÓÀÔ¶ÔÚÏÊ»¨¶È¹ý¡£ ÕýÈçÄǾäÀÏ»°£º ¡®ÈýÊ®ÄêºÓ¶«£¬ ÈýÊ®ÄêºÓÎ÷¡£¡¯¡±

- ÌƹúÇ¿
Lady Zhuge
Kongming's One and Only

Unread postby Elven Fury » Mon Jan 12, 2004 11:30 pm

o yea it does... but i was going by when i saw Yi Ling my math is a bit bad anyways too... so srry if it inconvienced you...
It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If we take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others - other people, other beliefs, and other nations - will help you become whole.
Elven Fury
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives