The Chronicle of the Three Kingdoms

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: The Chronicle of the Three Kingdoms

Unread postby Shen Ai » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:31 pm

Wow, that is some incredible stuff. Well done!
I've a brave warrior in my army. Shen Ai is his name, and he can slay this Hua Xiong.

Wei has no more famous commanders, Shen Ai takes lead of the vanguard!

Even a commoner on the street knows what Shen Ai is thinking!
Shen Ai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 am

Check the similar thread entitled "Chronicles of the Three Kingdoms (Organized)." It's a lot more up-to-date.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:01 pm

Jordon, Was using your thread to get more information about Du Yu and realized I never thanked you. We have little translated on the after Wu Zhang period so having something that covers the Cao Shuang era, the regicide and others so something so detailed really is useful and fascinating. I hope someday we have something like your work that covers the gap between fall of Shu and the fall of Wu
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Jordan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:57 pm

Well I can't really take any credit for it. All of it is the late Achilles Fang's work.

I haven't been able to find much information on Wu's later years. I know a little bit, but overall the information is kinda sparse.

Victor Cunrui Xiong has an entry on Du Yu in his A to Z of Medieval China which reads as follows:

Du Yu (222-early 285) (zi Yuankai] Origin: Duling (southeast of Xi'an, Shaanxi). Western Jin official; foremost Zuozhuan scholar; author of Chunqiu Zuoshi jingzhuan jijie (Assorted explications on the Zuo commentary to the Spring and Autumn Annals). In 278, he took over command of Jingzhou after Yang Hu's death. His seizure of Jiangling in AD 280 was crucial for the conquest of Wu.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives