Yuan Shao

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Ma Chao of Xi Liang » Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:42 am

The only problem of Yuan Shao is not listening to his advisers and he has no strategy.Thats what I hate about him :twisted:
User avatar
Ma Chao of Xi Liang
Langzhong
 
Posts: 541
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:49 pm
Location: Watch as I rule the skies.

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:59 am

Yuan Shao made some errors near the end but who hasn't? An able man whose advisors where loyal to him, he oh so nearly won anyway. Had he won, we wouldn't be discussing why his men served him. The answer: he was charasmatic enough and powerful
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
User avatar
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou
 
Posts: 15053
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Prime Minister Kongming » Sun May 22, 2005 2:03 am

well sure Yuan Shao was stupid but he was not as aroggant as te game claims him to be... they thought he ws aroggant because his uncle was the imperial guard and was treated very well.
Kurosaki Ichigo
"Bankai, Tenza Zangetsu!"

Uzumaki Naruto
"This is my way of the Ninja"
User avatar
Prime Minister Kongming
Assistant
 
Posts: 158
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Wu Zhang Plains devising my last strategy...

Unread postby ZhangLiao85 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:00 am

I would say Yuan Shao was a great man, but just couldn't compare to the talents of Cao Cao. His main weakness was that he just couldn't make up his mind.
月明星稀,乌鹊南飞,绕树三匝,何枝可依?
ZhangLiao85
Initiate
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:22 am
Location: Defending He Fei from Dong Wu!

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:16 pm

ZhangLiao85 wrote:I would say Yuan Shao was a great man, but just couldn't compare to the talents of Cao Cao. His main weakness was that he just couldn't make up his mind.


Plus having advisors who constantly bickered and plotted against eachother also didn't help. If his advisors worked toghether then beating Cao Cao wouldn't have been very hard.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:13 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Unread postby ZhangLiao85 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 8:17 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
ZhangLiao85 wrote:I would say Yuan Shao was a great man, but just couldn't compare to the talents of Cao Cao. His main weakness was that he just couldn't make up his mind.


Plus having advisors who constantly bickered and plotted against eachother also didn't help. If his advisors worked toghether then beating Cao Cao wouldn't have been very hard.


For sure, if his advisors like Ju Shou, Tian Feng, Shen Pei, Feng Ji can work together and with the help of Yan Liang, Wen Chou, Zhang He and Gao Lan on the battlefield it will be too much for Cao Cao to handle.
月明星稀,乌鹊南飞,绕树三匝,何枝可依?
ZhangLiao85
Initiate
 
Posts: 45
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 2:22 am
Location: Defending He Fei from Dong Wu!

Unread postby yoshitsune » Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:02 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Yuan Shao made some errors near the end but who hasn't? An able man whose advisors where loyal to him, he oh so nearly won anyway. Had he won, we wouldn't be discussing why his men served him. The answer: he was charasmatic enough and powerful


Exactly. History is written by winners, and if the outcome of GuanDu was different, Yuan Shao would replace CaoCao's position, nothing changes.
yoshitsune
Student
 
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu May 19, 2005 12:03 pm

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:48 am

yoshitsune wrote:
Dong Zhou wrote:Yuan Shao made some errors near the end but who hasn't? An able man whose advisors where loyal to him, he oh so nearly won anyway. Had he won, we wouldn't be discussing why his men served him. The answer: he was charasmatic enough and powerful


Exactly. History is written by winners, and if the outcome of GuanDu was different, Yuan Shao would replace CaoCao's position, nothing changes.


Actually quite a bit would change. Liu Bei and Liu Biao were allied with Yuan Shao. So if Yuan Shao won then he would have all of Cao Cao's land and access to all of Jing as well. He would be in the same position Cao Cao was in 208 years earlier.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:13 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

Unread postby ShuWeiYan » Tue Jun 14, 2005 12:38 pm

LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
yoshitsune wrote:
Dong Zhou wrote:Yuan Shao made some errors near the end but who hasn't? An able man whose advisors where loyal to him, he oh so nearly won anyway. Had he won, we wouldn't be discussing why his men served him. The answer: he was charasmatic enough and powerful


Exactly. History is written by winners, and if the outcome of GuanDu was different, Yuan Shao would replace CaoCao's position, nothing changes.


Actually quite a bit would change. Liu Bei and Liu Biao were allied with Yuan Shao. So if Yuan Shao won then he would have all of Cao Cao's land and access to all of Jing as well. He would be in the same position Cao Cao was in 208 years earlier.


Yea and then Yuan Shao would go for Jing and try to eliminate Liu bei first because he sees him as a possible big threat like Cao Cao.
What's that thing called when a guy is gay for a girl?
-Homer Simpson
User avatar
ShuWeiYan
Langzhong
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:56 am
Location: In my Ultraman form

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:42 am

ShuWeiYan wrote:
LiuBeiwasGreat wrote:
yoshitsune wrote:
Dong Zhou wrote:Yuan Shao made some errors near the end but who hasn't? An able man whose advisors where loyal to him, he oh so nearly won anyway. Had he won, we wouldn't be discussing why his men served him. The answer: he was charasmatic enough and powerful


Exactly. History is written by winners, and if the outcome of GuanDu was different, Yuan Shao would replace CaoCao's position, nothing changes.


Actually quite a bit would change. Liu Bei and Liu Biao were allied with Yuan Shao. So if Yuan Shao won then he would have all of Cao Cao's land and access to all of Jing as well. He would be in the same position Cao Cao was in 208 years earlier.


Yea and then Yuan Shao would go for Jing and try to eliminate Liu bei first because he sees him as a possible big threat like Cao Cao.


Well not necesarily. Liu Bei was allied with Yuan Shao. You are assuming that after Yuan Shao wins that Liu Bei would rebel against him. Even if he did Liu Biao wouldn't help him since Liu Biao is allied with Yuan Shao. Liu Bei would be forced to go to Sun Quan since he and Ma Teng would be the only ones who might fight against Yuan Shao (Ma Teng was allied with Cao Cao so he might still fight against Yuan Shao and Sun Quan wants to preserve his power)
However with Yuan Shao winning he might give Liu Bei a high rank and Liu Bei might stay loyal. I guess it would depend on how Yuan Shao treated the emperor.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 2525
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 4:13 pm
Location: Raleigh, NC

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved