Yuan Shao

Best threads of the SGYYS, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Danktrees » Sun Jan 04, 2004 4:25 am

Cao Zhi wrote:Benchu was such a goober. Why did Tian Feng, Ju Shou, and the other talented officers not just leave him for some other lord, such as Cao Cao or Liu Bei?

cuz they were loyal
Danktrees
Apprentice

Unread postby twiztidscholar45 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:44 am

i never reaslly have liked Yuan Shao but i knew that Juo Shuo was a smart person but this article blows me away Juo Shuo is awesome!!!
In this battle strength alone will not save you
twiztidscholar45
Assistant

Unread postby Lord_Zhuge000 » Wed Jun 16, 2004 4:50 pm

Yuan Shao would've maybe won at Guan Du if he had just listened to his advisors, for that I don't really like him. He was in the best position that anyone EVER was to have a chance to defeat Cao Cao but he threw it away!
Lord_Zhuge000
Sage

Unread postby Wu Chun » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:56 pm

Great writing, i guess it goes to show, rulers need to be powerful but humble, and listen to the advice of others, arrogance is a common of downfalls back then
The rise and fall of an empire can be won by many soldiers, or just one woman

Know thy enemy and know thy self

Man who go in airport sideway will go to bangkok
Come to my banquet! it will be fun!
Wu Chun
Academic

Unread postby James » Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:35 am

Wu Chun wrote:Great writing, i guess it goes to show, rulers need to be powerful but humble, and listen to the advice of others, arrogance is a common of downfalls back then

Always had been prior, and still is today. Will be tomorrow too.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby baofu » Thu Aug 05, 2004 4:28 am

Lord_Zhuge000 wrote:Yuan Shao would've maybe won at Guan Du if he had just listened to his advisors, for that I don't really like him. He was in the best position that anyone EVER was to have a chance to defeat Cao Cao but he threw it away!

That's why I think Yuan Shao doesn't deserve to have good officers such as Tian Feng and Ju Shou. Their efforts are just in vain.
Loyal yet good officers like them should be put into good use. They should have find another ruler instead Yuan Shao.
I don't think I'll ever become an exorcist. I'd rather sell my soul to the devil than confront it as an enemy. (Eiji - Kango Shicyauzo 2)
baofu
Tyro

Unread postby Marx!_II » Sat Aug 14, 2004 12:24 am

I've always thought that Yuan Shao's fall was brought about by his various adviser working against eachother for their own benefit. Couple that with his own indesiciveness and you have Guan Du waiting to happen. Granted, Yuan Shao had his own hand in what happened, but still...
Marx!_II
Changshi

Unread postby ???? » Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:13 am

Yuan Shao is supposed to be the ruler of the land other than Dong Zhuo and Cao Cao..
Well,he gave up on his own fate and died because of that..
The Yuan can still prosper if Yuan Tan and Yuan Shang joined to attack Cao Ren but........
Wanna know more of FF XII?
Click here
????
Initiate

Unread postby Jiangji » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:27 pm

???? wrote:Yuan Shao is supposed to be the ruler of the land other than Dong Zhuo and Cao Cao..
The Yuan can still prosper if Yuan Tan and Yuan Shang joined to attack Cao Ren but........

Yuan shao can no longer oppose cao cao army. Even yuan Tan and shang fight together, I doubt will beat cao cao. Yuan shao lose most of his army and good officers in Battle of Guandu. On contratry, cao cao gain many great warrior and acquire new army.
Jiangji
Master

Unread postby LiuBeiwasGreat » Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:29 pm

Jiangji wrote:
???? wrote:Yuan Shao is supposed to be the ruler of the land other than Dong Zhuo and Cao Cao..

Yuan shao can no longer oppose cao cao army. Even yuan Tan and shang fight together, I doubt will beat cao cao. Yuan shao lose most of his army and good officers in Battle of Guandu. On contratry, cao cao gain many great warrior and acquire new army.

If it was just them then you are probably right but if they managed to get Liu Biao's huge army and maybe a few more smaller warlords to support then it would have been very possible to cripple Cao Cao. Heck If Yuan Shao sent his army during Liu Bei's rebellion then there is a good chance that he could have won.
LiuBeiwasGreat
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to Sanguo Yanyi Symposium Archives