Signature discussion thread

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Adam » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:56 am

Mine's lyrics from a great Spider Robinson song, "Oblivion" (featured in Callahan's Crosstime Saloon).
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Fri Jul 06, 2007 4:28 pm

Y'know, this should be renamed the Signature Explanation Thread instead of the Signature Discussion Thread, since the former is almost always trumping the latter.

Be that as it may, usually I don't bother with explaining myself, or they're self-explanatory, but in this case, I've been using as my signature the two parts of the chorus to Richard Thompson's She Said It Was Destiny because the protagonist is questioning why, if supposedly "it was written somewhere" why has the relationship failed? And I'm currently going through a divorce, and at one time was given a promise and a "foresight" that have been betrayed.

This second part of the chorus is extra-nifty because Thompson isn't just being witty and fulfilling the rhyme reuirements. "When Venus aligns with Mars/It really takes it out of me." Venus, the goddess who gave her name to the planet, stands for Love, and Mars War. When passion collides with conflict, says Thompson, that really causes a snag for me. No kidding. Have always loved this song, and because of the personal aspect it has assumed it stands for now as my signature.

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:46 am

My sigs are alternating between humorous Doctor Who quotes and mopey, bitter whinging. Currently we have the former, a quote from the 8th doctor audio story The Chimes of Midnight, wherein a strange house is continually murdering and then resurrecting its serving staff, with the Butler repeatedly suggesting each murder must be a suicide, despite all evidence to the contrary. When the body of the chauffeur is discovered crushed to death with tire tracks all over it, the sequence shown in my signature then follows. when you get to be over 900+ years old the irritating short-sightedness of certain species tends to make you a little sarcastic here and there...

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Ricky » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:52 am

My new one is just a link to my forum. Also along with a quote from the three kingdoms. I just change time to time. Not sure on what too keep anymore...
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:11 am

This new signature is what George W. Bush should have readed before invading Iraq.
If they can abolish fanaticism, let us pray for the advent of the sceptics.

Raymond Aron
The Opium of the Intellectuals
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:47 am

Sometimes I just like to keep things uncertain. One day espousing this, the next with a sig saying that...

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Frank » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:03 am

I think everyone loves the movie 300, right?
/b/lackup has arrived.
Frank
Florida’s Finest

Unread postby Ricky » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:07 am

I didn't enjoy it. I fell asleep through the whole thing. Only got to see 17 minutes, Your signature is pretty funny though. Mine quick, guess who said that to his son?
First upload.
All hail to the lord!

Huo Hu
Ricky
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:09 am

Frank wrote:I think everyone loves the movie 300, right?

Actually, I think they should do a movie about the heroic Athenians fleeing their city to take refuge at sea, leaving it to the Persians to plunder, only to decimate the Persian Navy at Salamis under the glorious leadership of Themistocles.

Instead of one where the Greeks, you know, lose.

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:50 am

I've gone through like, 4 sigs in 5 hours, which has to be some kind of record. I've settled on one for now, though.

It *really was* 3 am when she broke my heart, just came waltzing in and telling me it was over. She didn't break any furniture, though. I don't even remember the rest of that night, though, not a bit. It really was like Arthur Murray tap danced on my head.

Like every other post in here though this'll be invalid in about a week.

Adrian
Liu Yuante
绯红王

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads