Signature discussion thread

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Signature discussion thread

Unread postby Aaron.K » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:55 am

Mitsunari wrote:
Aygor wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:*splutter*. :wink:

You should put your old title at the bottom of your signature, I loved it Mittens!!
My signature is.. well.. not too original in a three kingdoms forum :lol:

Oh great, now Aygor is calling me 'Mittens' as well...*shakes fist at imaginary ParrotSneeze*...

I shall try and incorporate the infamous 'Cough, Splutter, Ahem' in there somewhere, just for you of course. :mrgreen:

Sadly I cannot read any dialect or form of Chinese, so if your signature read 'Mega Mengde leads the Wei Power Ranger Force with style and an aggressive moustache' I'd be none the wiser. :lol:

It's actually part of a longer quotation which is "天下大势,分久必合,合久必分" meaning "The general trend under heaven is that there is bound to be unification after prolonged division and division after prolonged unification."
"Why have you come to Jotunheim all alone?"
Aaron.K
Master

Unread postby Aygor » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:52 am

Mitsunari wrote:
Aygor wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:*splutter*. :wink:

You should put your old title at the bottom of your signature, I loved it Mittens!!

Oh great, now Aygor is calling me 'Mittens' as well...*shakes fist at imaginary ParrotSneeze*...

I hope Mittens doesn't sound belittlelish or anything, I wouldn't be able to notice it as I am not english :wink:
It seemed a nice nickname to me :D
Aaron.K wrote:It's actually part of a longer quotation which is "天下大势,分久必合,合久必分" meaning "The general trend under heaven is that there is bound to be unification after prolonged division and division after prolonged unification."

Exactly, it's the opening line of the novel :mrgreen:
I think "分久必合,合久必分" become proverbial to mean "what is long divided will be united, what is long united will be divided".
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Mitsunari » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Aygor wrote:I hope Mittens doesn't sound belittlelish or anything, I wouldn't be able to notice it as I am not english :wink:
It seemed a nice nickname to me :D

Noooo, not at all mate, I'm only messing around. :wink:

I guess I could (and have) been called a lot, lot worse, haha. T'is quite flattering in respects, to have a ubiquitous nickname that's memorable. :mrgreen:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:59 pm

I changed my Signature and put in a new Character for that XD
It's from another Novel, but not the "A land in Chaos" Fan Fiction series :3

LordBloodySoul << Who might see the strange shortening that reminds of the world of reality?
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Previous

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads