Favourite genre of music?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Favourite type of music?

Rock 'n' Roll
37%
Alternative
9%
Pop
3%
R&B
3%
Rap
6%
Jazz or Blues
4%
Other (What?)
33%
Country
3%

Total votes : 209

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:50 am

Zu Mao wrote:
Zhang Liao17 wrote:The music I hate is rap. Basically the lyrics are nothing but how the rappers killed their family and friends and dogs and strangers. Talk about depressing music, who wants to hear someone talk about their "horrid" life on the "streets" and how they hate the world.

I don't like rap in general, but some forms of it are good. I like that Reanimation CD by Linkin Park and it has rap on it. Rap is or should be poetry set to beats. I never listen to gangsta' rap and I don't enjoy popular rap either. Underground hip-hop is good though.

Very well put, Bill. I absolutely abhor popular rap, I'm underground all the way. And groups/individuals that change their style just to get paid piss me off the most. I like rap that's about something, that tells a story. And I also agree to the "poetry set to beats" part, as a matter of fact I think in one forum or another I said almost the same thing. It's not like they're trying to be fake musicians, that's just the way they want their music to sound. Another good song I suggest is "Time", by Eightball from his album "Lost". Very good storytelling. He also states several times on the album that he's a poet....
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby Liu Bei » Fri Dec 20, 2002 5:36 pm

Although I have an eclectic taste in music I do listen to a lot of Rock, heavy metal and classical.
Liu Bei
Initiate

Unread postby Hotsuma Moritsune » Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:05 pm

Rock mostly, I like rap but only some truly make me like it.
My Buds at SOSZ: Jon, James, Jesse, D_G, Dian Wei, Nate, Shizumeru, ZhangHe_OfWei, Kyle a.k.a. Lu Xun and Ryan a.k.a. Hayate
Goddamn! I've been at my last stand at Wu Zhang Plains for months! When the hell am I gonna die or when's the battle gonna end?
Hotsuma Moritsune
Changshi

Unread postby Justin » Fri Dec 20, 2002 10:17 pm

I like many groups from each of these areas. I like some rap, classical, alot of jazz, and alot of rock. I hate alternative and country. So I piicked the other category. I just can't say any of the above is my absolute favorite.
My Website

My Blog

The Dungeon

Trouble maker extraordinaire!
Justin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Andrew » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:31 am

I'm a guitarist in a band, so I listen to a lot of harder stuff. Punk, Metal, Grunge. I'm only 13 so I listen to alot of Blink-182 and Slipknot, right now i'm into Nirvana.
Andrew
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sam » Sat Dec 21, 2002 1:14 am

Indie, Indie-rock and rock 'n' roll. You should really add indie to the list.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Zhao Mel Lou Ni » Sat Dec 21, 2002 4:36 am

I am a Power Metalhead. I like bands such as Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Manowar, Hammerfall, and Edguy. I will stop there though I could go on and on. I also like some rock such as Nickelback and System of a Down. Just so everyone knows, rock and metal are not synonymous, in fact, they rarely ever play metal on the radio, it is mostly just rock bands calling themselves metal bands. I also like traditional metal, and some speed metal.

I dislike rap, pop, and country. Along with nu-metal (not metal at all but rock) bands such as Korn, Slipknot, and Limp Bizkit.
Zhao Mel Lou Ni
Academic

Unread postby Jiang Hsuan » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:21 am

My favorite genre would most likely be Rock, Classical, and Jazz isn't too bad either.

Generally, I hate rap and country, despite a few exceptions.
Jiang Hsuan
Sage

Unread postby Ju Bei » Sat Dec 21, 2002 8:35 am

Anything Heavy. Rock/Metal, its all good.

HammerFall, Stratovarius, Disturbed, DragonLord, Slayer, Slipknot, H.I.M(His Infernal Majesty), Nightwish, Domine, Iron Maiden, Megadeth, Rhapsody, Man O War, Arch Enemy, Dope, MushroomHead, Pulse Ultra, Stone Sour, Taproot, Tool, Mudvayne, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Metallica(Old, before Black Album), Pantera, and many more.

I like lighter stuff as well, such as Bush, Prozzak(not rock), Sublime, Pearl Jam...

Yeah alot of stuff..
"Let's face it, comedy's a dead art form. Tragedy, now that's funny."

"Fine. I'll go build my own lunar lander! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the lunar lander and the blackjack! Ah, screw the whole thing."
Ju Bei
The Black Swordsman

Unread postby Andrew » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:27 pm

Yeah I like indie to!

And nu metal. slipknot, mudvayne ect
Andrew
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads