Favourite genre of music?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Favourite type of music?

Rock 'n' Roll
37%
Alternative
9%
Pop
3%
R&B
3%
Rap
6%
Jazz or Blues
4%
Other (What?)
33%
Country
3%

Total votes : 209

Unread postby xiaokwee » Thu Aug 08, 2002 6:42 pm

well, heavy metal/rock at the top, then alternative, then jazz, then classic music.
I love and care about you, but you don't have to feel the same way about me...
xiaokwee
Tyro

Unread postby Manipulated Destiny » Fri Aug 09, 2002 3:02 am

A reggae fan eh? What artists do you like?
Manipulated Destiny
Master

Location: Theres nothing you can do to me, STAB me SHOOT ME! YeeehhhhAAAAAAWWWW

Unread postby Shi Jing Xu » Fri Aug 09, 2002 5:45 am

I like mostly, now than ever, the electronic/techno/dance music. I can't help it. I hear it and it makes me wanna play Dynasty Warriors or Tekken and kick some ass. Other than that, I don't mind some pop, rock,(pop rocks....he he). I don't mind country but I dont listen to it much either. I dont like rap and hip hop. Sorry :D

I also like the Original Score soundtracks to movies, especially the Lord of the Rings.
"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Shi Jing Xu
Hermione G

Unread postby Ju Bei » Fri Aug 09, 2002 7:50 am

I love heavy metal, and i like to listen to rock and other types of music as well.. The only things i dislike, are the pop music, hi-hop, rap, and stuff like that...
"Let's face it, comedy's a dead art form. Tragedy, now that's funny."

"Fine. I'll go build my own lunar lander! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the lunar lander and the blackjack! Ah, screw the whole thing."
Ju Bei
The Black Swordsman

Unread postby A Sympathetic Character » Sun Aug 11, 2002 4:43 am

As I look back on the poll, I notice something!

"There's nooooo surprise here, I knew that Pop would not get any votes! Unless there are 12 year old girls!"
"I am a Sympathetic Character! I have been undeniably jealous of those who hold more power than me. . . I feel utterly threatened by them." - A Sympathetic Character
A Sympathetic Character
Langzhong

Unread postby A Sympathetic Character » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:15 pm

What is the best genre of music for a videogame?

Fighting - :?:
Adventure/Action - :?:
RPG - :?:
Sports - :?:
Racing - :?:
Shooters - :?:
Other - :?:
"I am a Sympathetic Character! I have been undeniably jealous of those who hold more power than me. . . I feel utterly threatened by them." - A Sympathetic Character
A Sympathetic Character
Langzhong

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sat Aug 17, 2002 7:33 pm

Rock and country are the best.

The music I hate is rap. Basically the lyrics are nothing but how the rappers killed their family and friends and dogs and strangers. Talk about depressing music, who wants to hear someone talk about their "horrid" life on the "streets" and how they hate the world.

Btw, I think I'll vote for Country. 8-)
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:04 am

Zhang Liao17 wrote:The music I hate is rap. Basically the lyrics are nothing but how the rappers killed their family and friends and dogs and strangers. Talk about depressing music, who wants to hear someone talk about their "horrid" life on the "streets" and how they hate the world.

I like hearing that stuff, a lot of the music has to do with very familiar subjects for me that I deal with on a daily basis. Although, my brother and I agree that "Last Resort" (especially the video) by Papa Roach is a telling of our life growing up...
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby Zhang Liao17 » Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:12 am

Iznoach, Legendary Dragon wrote:
Zhang Liao17 wrote:The music I hate is rap. Basically the lyrics are nothing but how the rappers killed their family and friends and dogs and strangers. Talk about depressing music, who wants to hear someone talk about their "horrid" life on the "streets" and how they hate the world.

I like hearing that stuff, a lot of the music has to do with very familiar subjects for me that I deal with on a daily basis. Although, my brother and I agree that "Last Resort" (especially the video) by Papa Roach is a telling of our life growing up...

Yeah, everything about music is just a big opinion factor. How you grew up, who your parents or friends listened to, it all factors in and helps you determine what kind of music you like. Its one of the big reason's why Creed is my favorite band. Their music seems so truthful to me and when I listen to "In America" I can't help but agree with what they're saying. So yes, I guess I understand why you like rap.
"Death is but death, and why are you scared at it?"-Zhang Liao
Zhang Liao17
Supreme Commander of Wei Forces

Unread postby Phlegyas » Sun Aug 18, 2002 5:16 am

I don't like rap in general, but some forms of it are good. I like that Reanimation CD by Linkin Park and it has rap on it. Rap is or should be poetry set to beats. I never listen to gangsta' rap and I don't enjoy popular rap either. Underground hip-hop is good though.
"Woe unto you, ye souls depraved
Hope nevermore to look upon the heavens;
I come to lead you to the other shore,
To the eternal shades in heat and frost.
And thou, that yonder standest, living soul,
Withdraw thee from these people, the dead"
Phlegyas
Langzhong

Location: The dark catacombs of my mind. Longing for love, but getting lost in the labyrinth.

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads