Favourite genre of music?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Favourite type of music?

Rock 'n' Roll
37%
Alternative
9%
Pop
3%
R&B
3%
Rap
6%
Jazz or Blues
4%
Other (What?)
33%
Country
3%

Total votes : 209

Unread postby Alucard » Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:23 am

i like rap and r&b. i also like techno music.
I don't regret the decision I made that day. Even now. But...my heart still aches. I..I want to follow my heart. Whether it is right or wrong will be judged by history. - Pahn
Alucard
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: In a house where I open a door and another door appears.

Unread postby animetayl » Fri Aug 02, 2002 4:04 am

I like instrumental. Specifically videogame music, but others are good too. I listen to everything else except for country, rap and jazz.
animetayl
Sky Bandit

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Aug 02, 2002 6:48 am

I love rap, especially late 80's style west coast rap. Also, following close behind would be rock/metal, and a little alternative (I stress little).

The genre's I hate would have to be country. I just can't stand listening to that crap, when it just makes me sad and depressed. [singing]...my dog died, and my girlfriend left me...my house burned down, hurrah...[/singing]......just makes me want to puke.
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby Phlegyas » Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:10 am

Classical, Jazz, One metal band, Fusion, Solo Bass Guitar.

Hate:Rap, Country, Pop, Punk

If you play an instrument well, how could you like those types of music. They take no technical ability to play!

Also, I have technical ability (Opening for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra with my bass guitar in September).
"Woe unto you, ye souls depraved
Hope nevermore to look upon the heavens;
I come to lead you to the other shore,
To the eternal shades in heat and frost.
And thou, that yonder standest, living soul,
Withdraw thee from these people, the dead"
Phlegyas
Langzhong

Location: The dark catacombs of my mind. Longing for love, but getting lost in the labyrinth.

Unread postby Maria » Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:21 am

I like Rock, Metal, Rap, R&B & Hip-hop

I despise Pop, though I could stand some (but NO BOYBANDS) good ones. Classical is OK....... but too mellow for me :D
Maria
Iron Duchess

Unread postby Iznoach, Legendary Dragon » Fri Aug 02, 2002 9:46 am

Zu Mao wrote:Hate:Rap, Country, Pop, Punk

If you play an instrument well, how could you like those types of music. They take no technical ability to play!

Well, I generally like rap/hip-hop for the lyrics. I know a lot of them tend to run towards violence, but I think it's funny because none of those people are really like that...

Zu Mao wrote:Also, I have technical ability (Opening for the Chicago Symphony Orchestra with my bass guitar in September).

Cool! I've always wanted to learn an instrument, and a Hawaiian friend of mine was teaching me the uke, but I couldn't grasp it that well :cry:
"Armed and dangerous, ain't too many can hang wit us
straight up weed no angel dust, label us Notorious..."--Biggie
Iznoach, Legendary Dragon
Gunslinger

Unread postby Ma Chao » Fri Aug 02, 2002 12:13 pm

i like all srot punk hevy meatl some deathmeatl and some rock songs
Ma Chao
Tyro

Unread postby Pappy O'daniels » Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:13 am

Loathe R&B, pop, most blues/jazz, most rock, especially Queen, and especially, above all else, gospel. Somewhat hate rap, but there's a few people I like, not enough to buy anything of theirs though.

Favorites...Too many to list, but typically they're european. I forget what they call the genre, but the kind of music they play at Oktoberfests I really love, especially anything done by Maxl Graf, love operas, naturally Wagner has to at least be in the top 10, love folk music, especially Irish. Natalie MacMaster...Can't think of any words to describe it actually, I just love it. Great fiddlist. Pianist? Little known Spaniard.....Javier Cenderas. I could go on, but I don't wanna get too far ahead of myself.

Oh and I voted for country since I figured no one else would, since I've actually heard the real stuff and not that crap that's more "guitar pop" than country. Ozark Mountain Daredevils and Beausoleil are my current favorites, though I doubt anyone can find fault with Beausoleil. Their singer looks like Dr. Wily from Megaman!
Pappy O'daniels
Initiate

Unread postby A Sympathetic Character » Sat Aug 03, 2002 7:12 pm

How old are you to enjoy the music of Queen???????? :?: :!: :?:
"I am a Sympathetic Character! I have been undeniably jealous of those who hold more power than me. . . I feel utterly threatened by them." - A Sympathetic Character
A Sympathetic Character
Langzhong

Unread postby Manipulated Destiny » Sat Aug 03, 2002 8:30 pm

One doesn't have to be old to enjoy old music, but Queen is a special case. ANYONE who has gone to a major sports game in the U.S. has heard We Will Rock You(title?) at least once, plus anyone who has seen the first Wayne's World movie has heard Bohemian Raphsody( that movie was credited with that song's comeback.

I personally enjoy many "Genres" of music, heres a list of my favortes for all who care: The Hives , Metallica, Tool, The Strokes, Pantera, The Smashing Pumpkins, Nirvana, Old Black Sabbath. Some Rap mainly " angry rap" ala DMX none of that bling bling crap.
By the way 99.9% of all music on the radio sucks.
Manipulated Destiny
Master

Location: Theres nothing you can do to me, STAB me SHOOT ME! YeeehhhhAAAAAAWWWW

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads