Favourite genre of music?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Favourite type of music?

Rock 'n' Roll
37%
Alternative
9%
Pop
3%
R&B
3%
Rap
6%
Jazz or Blues
4%
Other (What?)
33%
Country
3%

Total votes : 209

Re: Favourite genre of music?

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:49 pm

S.Teague wrote:I'm a fan of a wide veriety of music. If I have to pick just one, I say Progressive Rock. Rush, Triumph, Def Leppard, Creed... something with some acual talent going into it.

I do like what I've heard from Rush.

But, sorry, whenever anyone mentions Creed, for me it brings to mind this Red vs Blue PSA.
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby S.Teague » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:56 pm

That link was great.... :lol:
But Mark Tremonti is the best guitarist of his generation. That's why I like Creed. Like them or not, you can not deny the talent.
Now let's all go home and....... :lol: That was great.
S.Teague
Academic

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:36 pm

My favorite genre of music is - based on the set of arrangements produced by composers i.e. Basil Poledouris (especially for the Conan the Barbarian OST) & Nobuo Uematsu (King of the Final Fantasy music collection). Honestly, I can listen to soundtrack orchestra or piano arrangements all day which in fact I am doing right now at work.

Favorite pieces are:
Theology/Civilization - Conan the Barbarian OST
Leaving/Searching - Conan the Barbarian OST
The Funeral Pyre - Conan the Barbarian OST
Freya's Theme - Final Fantasy IX OST
Immoral Melody - Final Fantasy IX OST
Suteki Da Ne - Final Fantasy X OST
Wandering - Final Fantasy X OST
One Winged Angel - Final Fantasy VII Advent Children OST
Cloud Smiles - Final Fantasy VII Advent Children OST
The Promised Land - Final Fantasy VII Advent Children OST

I also like other genres such as R&B, Jazz, & Reggae. Bob Marley's Redemption Song, Exodus, & a few others to name are some of my frequently recycled plays. I can almost listen to anything Jazz i.e. Miles Davis, Les McCann. And I grew up on R&B i.e. Mary J.Blige, Michael Jackson (depending on the song it can fall into the Pop or Disco genre - which means I like those genres as well)

I'm not sure what genre Alter Bridge belongs to but, I do like some of their songs.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TheRealWolfman » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:57 pm

Country, quite enjoy me some Chesney most of all. Done Toby Keith (Bullets in the Gun), Keith Urban, Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw, Eric Church, Jason Aldean.

Johnny Cash, now anyone that enjoys Cash must hear his classic, Flushed From The Bathroom of Your Heart.

Elvis as well, now it doesn't really count as Presley but I do enjoy Viva Elvis quite a bit.

And to add, what some call Christian Rock, but I just call it Gospel cause that's what it's based upon. Love me dome good Everlasting God; Phillips, Craig, and Dean. Revelation Song really gets me moving, Chris Tomlin always is good too.
Last edited by TheRealWolfman on Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Semper Fi on the God Most High.
TheRealWolfman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby TigerGeneral6 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:15 am

I love a bit of everything, and im not one of those people that just say that because they think their music taste is varied, mines genuinly is, i can listen and enjoy anything, although my favourite bands fall into only a few genres, as i am more inclined to like a few songs per band as opposed to love the band themselves.

I guess my favourite would be electronic generally speaking, such as Vitalic, Digitalism, Boys Noize, Crystal Castles, Calvin Harris, Unicorn Kid, Justice, The Prodigy, Daft Punk to name a few of my favourites.

Im never good at categorising the genre of bands so i shall just name some of my favourites, We Are Scientists, Bloc Party, The Rolling Stones, Dire Straights, Jimi Hendrix, Almost any 80's song and i mean that, Outkast, The Go! Team, Rage Against The Machine, Killswitch Engage, Fightstar, Ennio Moriconne, Two Door Cinema Club, The Dubliners.

I probably find most pleasure from listening to orchestrated soundtracks, such as the soundtracks to Conan The Barbarian, The Last Of The Mohicans, The Lord Of The Rings, Pirates Of The Caribbean, Red Cliff, Fearless, Kung Fu Hustle, Gangs Of New York, The Matrix, Dynasty Warriors, Age Of Empires 3, Assassins Creed, Kingdom Of Heaven, Sharpe, Gladiator & The Last Samurai.

Sorry to burden y'all with copious words but i do love my music, everyday i am listening to music for at least 4 or 5 hours,and as i said, i can never seem to properly categorise bands music into genres, its my kryptonite hehe.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing

Fear Denies Faith
TigerGeneral6
Assistant

Unread postby Tiger of Kai » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:41 pm

I know it's a little odd, but my favorite genre of music is R&B. Been a fan of it since I was a little kid. I also like rap, the older stuff that is...
Tiger of Kai
Initiate

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:01 pm

Tiger of Kai wrote:I know it's a little odd, but my favorite genre of music is R&B. Been a fan of it since I was a little kid. I also like rap, the older stuff that is...

Then you might like this -- I posted this in the minor headline news section because it was something I saw on ABC News. Thought it was rather interesting...

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby dymlos timbre » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:49 pm

my favourite is Rock and alternative. Foo fighters being my favourite band along with Korn.

That being said i dont really care too much for Rap, well let me clarify Gangster Rap.
dymlos timbre
Scholar

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:48 am

Ballads are probably my favourite and then R&B!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby vvill79 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:43 pm

I'd say generally "alternative", although I listen to far too much music.

My favourite artists are probably the Smashing Pumpkins, Jimi Hendrix/Jimi Hendrix Experience, New Order, R.E.M., The Cure, Radiohead, Arcade Fire, Pavement, Wilco, Whiskeytown, Dirty Three, Tool, The Killers, Kyuss, Sigur Rós, Yo La Tengo, The Decemberists, The Beatles, etc.

It might be easier to list artists I don't like: Good Charlotte, Creed, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Shania Twain, Garth Brooks, etc.
vvill79
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads