Favourite genre of music?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Favourite type of music?

Rock 'n' Roll
37%
Alternative
9%
Pop
3%
R&B
3%
Rap
6%
Jazz or Blues
4%
Other (What?)
33%
Country
3%

Total votes : 209

Re: Favourite genre of music?

Unread postby gregor104 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:35 am

I listen to many different genres. The main ones would probably be industrial, metal, punk, and alternative. Occasionally I get into a country or classic rock mood, but those only happen every few months. I have found almost every genre has something good in it if you don't mind digging a little bit and approach it with an open mind
gregor104
Initiate

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:49 am

Ha, I'm one of seven (country). But at least not one of six.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:55 pm

I haven't voted, I don't think I can vote, I'm too eclectic!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Cao Hong 14 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:25 am

I picked rock and roll, but only if its DW rock and roll :lol: !!!!! But in all seriousness its a tie between pop and rock and roll. I love Notorious B.I.G!! I usually can't stand rap outside of him and Epic Rap Battles of History(those are the funniest youtube videos, I frickin' love them :D . But that isn't real rap anyways) The main reason I love Biggy is because my best friend Norman loved him and would listen to him nonstop. So now that he's dead it brings back too many great memories.
"Change is the law of life. And those who only look to the past or present are certain to miss the future. "
- President John F. Kennedy
Cao Hong 14
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jason » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:41 pm

Recently I have gotten into a genre of music that seems to be a complete 180 from my norm; K-pop. There's just something about that hard work, dedication, and friendly smiles of theirs 8-)
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Da Chao » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:21 am

My favorite would have to be... somewhere in the Rock genre, definately. Not the heavy metal with screaming, I like actual lyrics. Which you can sing to.

But I'm pretty open; anything except for opera really, I'll give it a shot. :3
“However, you may return and tell Sun Quan to wash his neck: the executioner is coming!”
[且放汝回去,說與孫權,洗頸就戮!]
Da Chao
Initiate

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:57 pm

Why can't you pick two?!?!?!?!?

I'm always stumped between R&B and Rap, I had to go with rap this time.

But this personally is one of the best songs from one of the greatest movies:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6XGUhzfutc
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:04 am

Da Chao wrote:My favorite would have to be... somewhere in the Rock genre, definately. Not the heavy metal with screaming, I like actual lyrics. Which you can sing to.

But I'm pretty open; anything except for opera really, I'll give it a shot. :3

Pardon for the nitpicking, but not all heavy metal has screaming. If you stick to traditional heavy metal, progressive metal and power metal, most of the lyrics are actually sung rather than screamed, shrieked or growled. Sometimes thrash and speed metal will be sung, too, but they start to get up to a point where it's no longer singing but more yelling out the lyrics. Death metal, black metal and crust punk you'll want to stay away from.
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:47 am

I tend to forget that some lighter metal bands are metal and not havier rock. I mean Def Leppard for example!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Pi » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:41 pm

My listening is usually dictated by my mood.

I love a plethora of Rock genres, be it Death metal, Blues-rock, Prog etc. I also adore, Hip hop, Blues, Rock and Roll/Roots Rock, Electronic, Country and so on and so forth. I've also been getting into Jazz and Classical recently.

I usually find artists in any genre that I enjoy, although certain genres like Black metal and Garage defy my interest or appreciation thus far. :lol:
"You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself one." - James A. Froude
Liu Pi
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads