Your Favorite Season

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

What's your favorite season?

Spring
25%
Summer
24%
Fall
25%
Winter
26%

Total votes : 165

Unread postby chunkyleechong » Fri Apr 15, 2005 10:05 pm

Summer. Since it's like the only time I have friends.
"Only wisdom and virtue can truly win men's devotion" - Liu Bei
chunkyleechong
Student

Unread postby Big J » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:37 am

i prefer the Fall, which in Britan is Fall. Its our warmest season. Slighttly warmer than summer as it always rains :lol:
Big J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ma Chao's Rage » Mon Apr 25, 2005 7:15 pm

Fall is my favorite... it's got the trees with the cool colors and plus the tempurature isn't too hot or too cold, it's usually just right.
What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists? In that case, I definitely overpaid for my carpet.
Ma Chao's Rage
Academic

Unread postby Psio » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:10 am

I like fall and find that it has the... calmest weather of all the seasons. That and of course the unique colors of trees (though you don't see too many of those things in Nebraska ;))
This sig has one sentence in it!
Psio
Initiate

Unread postby Big J » Fri Apr 29, 2005 9:46 am

Big J wrote:i prefer the Fall, which in Britan is Fall. Its our warmest season. Slighttly warmer than summer as it always rains :lol:

Went a bit wrong, I meant to say in Britan its Autumn
Big J
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Riding Red Hare » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:57 am

My birthday's in autumn, but i'd say it's the only month that comes second to summer.

Good times...
The worst foe lies within the self.
-Parasite Eve.
Riding Red Hare
Master

Unread postby Jade_Moon_Dragon » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:34 pm

fall. most peace season. the weather is not too cold and not too hot. it is the perfect season.
Jade_Moon_Dragon
Langzhong

Unread postby No Bu » Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:06 am

My b-day is in the Spring but this year Spring sucked. I love Autumn but the only downside is school.
Every soul is like a moon, it has a dark side.
No Bu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby bodidley » Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:16 am

Spring is the best season. That is not an opinion, it is a fact: Winter ends, and you can finally go outside and it will be extraodinarily comfortable (as opposed to sweltering and humid :evil: or frigid and dry :( ). Everything starts growing and turning green. The leaves start budding on trees. There aren't yet insects all over the place. People start going outside all at once, and so there is a euphoric neighborlyness in the shared enjoyment of the beautiful weather. The sun no longer sets by late afternoon, so you can actually get home from work with the sun shining and not live in a world of constant, saddening darkness (especially if you're someone who either rises late or works nights). Women no longer pile layers of heavy clothes on because of the nice weather. A myriad list of outdoor sports become playable. People are no longer doomed to be cold, tired, pale, or cabin-feverish, so everyone you meet is that much nicer to everyone else. Flowers start blooming everywhere.

The old snows of winter thaw. A new life springs up everywhere from the mud. A new beginning of life!!! What more could you ask for? :D
bodidley
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shield of Rohan » Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:08 pm

I haven't experienced one in Utah yet, but in Georgia my favorite was spring also. The weather was misty rain for a large part of the time, and with the fresh new landscape (all the Bradford pear trees coming into blossom) and mild temperatures it was simply very pleasant. I love the rain, even after living thirteen years in a place quite abundant in it. It seems to me like people here in Utah have some dislike or even fear of it for whatever reason :? . I've lived here for two months, and it has rained twice :( .
"I have gained this by philosophy: that I do without being commanded, what others do only from fear of the law." -Aristotle
Shield of Rohan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads