Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Kristina » Fri May 07, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm pretty sure I've replied to this thread before, but alot changes over a few years. They're off and on regular, like me, but since I'm 19 now and still talk to these two, I definately have to mention them. Jason and Adam, the two guys who disliked each other the most, I think, back in the craziness that was Shen Zhou.
Kristina
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin
Certified Zombie Killer Harlequin

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Fri May 07, 2010 10:51 pm

Shi Tong really gone gone?
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat May 08, 2010 7:19 pm

He hasn't been around for a while unfortuntely. I had some good discussions with him on various boards! :(
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mikhail » Sat May 08, 2010 9:57 pm

Just because a lot of time has been spent conversing with each other on #sosz, I've gotten pretty close to Tigger of Kai, Guo_Bia, Sean, and Qu Hui and even Ranbir to some extent. Tigger, probably the most, especially since we live in the same area and the stuff we go through are relatable
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon May 17, 2010 5:24 am

In a way I feel bad saying that my best buds from this site are James and Lady Wu. I feel bad because we're hardcore old-school and it's like we have an ancient admin clique. Part of that rings true, because you naturally form bonds with people you're around for a long time, but the reality of it is that every single one of you scholars means a lot to me.

Super pumped to hang out with Lady Wu next month. I missed Tigger the last two times I was in TO, but there will always be chances since I'm there every once in a while. Now that I know Mik's in that area too I'll have a couple of people to look up!
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Mikhail » Mon May 17, 2010 11:35 am

Wow, am I sufficiently red-faced. I totally forgot about my gaming buddy, Kong Wen. Gaming makes friends, it's a fact!
Soweneul Malhaebwa (Tell me your wish).
Mikhail
Great Sage Equaling Heaven

Unread postby James » Mon May 17, 2010 2:24 pm

Kong Wen wrote:In a way I feel bad saying that my best buds from this site are James and Lady Wu. I feel bad because we're hardcore old-school and it's like we have an ancient admin clique. Part of that rings true, because you naturally form bonds with people you're around for a long time, but the reality of it is that every single one of you scholars means a lot to me.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Lady Wu before she took off for Canada, and it would be great to meet you someday. It would be extra great if I could somehow catch everyone in TO. That could be worth a little vacation.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Kong Wen » Mon May 17, 2010 2:38 pm

James wrote:I've had the pleasure of meeting Lady Wu before she took off for Canada, and it would be great to meet you someday. It would be extra great if I could somehow catch everyone in TO. That could be worth a little vacation.

You know... if you have time off in June we could always have a Glorious Meeting of the Sacred Triumvirate. ;)
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby James » Mon May 17, 2010 3:00 pm

Kong Wen wrote:You know... if you have time off in June we could always have a Glorious Meeting of the Sacred Triumvirate. ;)

Wow that would be fun. We've got a San Francisco vacation planned sometime around then, though. We've gone on way too many vacations lately (got back from New York just recently; going to Las Vegas here in a few weeks). We're probably going to have to behave for a little while afterward and spend money on responsible things. But this is definitely something that needs to take place in the future to come. :)
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Adam » Fri May 28, 2010 11:00 pm

Only person I talk to from here more than once in a blue moon these days is Kristina...which is weird; I usually "know" people on the internets for like a year or so then they sorta fade out for one reason or another...so her apparently.

On that note Kristina needs to stop forgetting she has a phone.
Adam
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads