Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Striga » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Mitsunari wrote:I used to have a pretty good level of common ground with the likes of Baiko, RocketPower, FuguNabe-sama, Xiahou Jia, Skode, Shi Tong and of course the Fin-meister; hopefully these guys will show their faces more soon. :mrgreen:

Whoa... I haven't even seen most of the aforementioned people in the forums, except Shi Tong and Fin. Did they all leave, or just stop posting?

Shen Ai wrote:Eh, hard to say. Striga and I joined very close together, so we talk a lot, so probably him. I enjoy talking to LuXunmaster and Dong Zhou. Dong Zhou is like the wise mentor figure with a always changing sense of humour.

Same to you. I think the age may also have something to do with it.
Hmm, Dong as a mentor. I guess that works, he is on SYYS and SYYSA more often than the rest of the mods and admins, and corrected my mistakes quite often in my early day. Going on that logic, maybe even Qu Hui as a mentor.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
User avatar
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:23 pm
Location: Toronto, Ontario

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:21 pm

Striga wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:I used to have a pretty good level of common ground with the likes of Baiko, RocketPower, FuguNabe-sama, Xiahou Jia, Skode, Shi Tong and of course the Fin-meister; hopefully these guys will show their faces more soon. :mrgreen:

Whoa... I haven't even seen most of the aforementioned people in the forums, except Shi Tong and Fin. Did they all leave, or just stop posting?


Sun Fin is usually present fairly enough. Baiko recently had a baby, he mentioned this in the Pub some months ago, which is probably why he isn't around. Shi Tong comes and goes, pretty much like many of the regulars. As for Skode, I believe they spend some time at Koei Warriors here and there, but not as much here if at all these days.

The other three, I've only read posts by and don't know much about them.

Mitsunari has been around for years, so you would have to have some years in tenure to know those names. :wink:
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:01 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:
Striga wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:I used to have a pretty good level of common ground with the likes of Baiko, RocketPower, FuguNabe-sama, Xiahou Jia, Skode, Shi Tong and of course the Fin-meister; hopefully these guys will show their faces more soon. :mrgreen:

Whoa... I haven't even seen most of the aforementioned people in the forums, except Shi Tong and Fin. Did they all leave, or just stop posting?


Sun Fin is usually present fairly enough. Baiko recently had a baby, he mentioned this in the Pub some months ago, which is probably why he isn't around. Shi Tong comes and goes, pretty much like many of the regulars. As for Skode, I believe they spend some time at Koei Warriors here and there, but not as much here if at all these days.

The other three, I've only read posts by and don't know much about them.

Mitsunari has been around for years, so you would have to have some years in tenure to know those names. :wink:


Ahhhhhh, a few blasts from the pasts in that post! Most of us were active in a few other forums as well as SoSZ at one point. FuguNabe is the only one there who I wasn't that close to at one point or another!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
User avatar
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: The birthplace of radio

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:16 am

Sun Fin wrote:Ahhhhhh, a few blasts from the pasts in that post! Most of us were active in a few other forums as well as SoSZ at one point. FuguNabe is the only one there who I wasn't that close to at one point or another!


It seems like most of the people who were commonly present around here for my first year or so aren't currently. A lot of people either moved on or became too busy with life to participate... myself included. I didn't have the pleasure of being a member yet when FuguNabe was here. I have read posts of his when I read through some old threads. It seems like most of you all had a lot of fun during those years.
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 am

Yeah, when I arrived on the site I was obviously a newbie with many people who had been here for many years also active. Yet now when I come back I feel like one of the old hands! :lol:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
User avatar
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: The birthplace of radio

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:38 am

Sun Fin wrote:Yeah, when I arrived on the site I was obviously a newbie with many people who had been here for many years also active. Yet now when I come back I feel like one of the old hands! :lol:

"Feel" like?? You've been here since 2007, that's 5 years, you ARE one of the old hands!! Bienvenue au club!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
User avatar
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

SunXia wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:Yeah, when I arrived on the site I was obviously a newbie with many people who had been here for many years also active. Yet now when I come back I feel like one of the old hands! :lol:

"Feel" like?? You've been here since 2007, that's 5 years, you ARE one of the old hands!! Bienvenue au club!!


But the site is 10 years old, I can't be an old foggie at just 5 years can I? :(

:lol:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
User avatar
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: The birthplace of radio

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:11 pm

Does anyone know where Tigger of Kai has disappeared to? In all the time I've been active I can't recall him ever being absent before!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
User avatar
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: The birthplace of radio

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:13 pm

I don't know I know he used the Chat Room a lot but I tend to forget about it at times is he not active there??
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
User avatar
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess
 
Posts: 6539
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:48 pm
Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:15 pm

SunXia wrote:I don't know I know he used the Chat Room a lot but I tend to forget about it at times is he not active there??


I'm not sure; I've been on the chat room so infrequently recently that it’s entirely possible I've just missed him...
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
User avatar
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 6714
Joined: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:20 pm
Location: The birthplace of radio

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved