Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Who do you hold closest to you on SoSZ?

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:26 am

Yeah I'm just on pretty late UK time -- call off the search!
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:25 am

Haha yeah I have to try to lie down earlier these days and nobody is about when I do that so I haven't really chatted there in a while as I adjust to work schedule following botched surgery!! Glad to know you haven't abandoned us!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:10 am

Tigger of Kai wrote:Yeah I'm just on pretty late UK time -- call off the search!

:lol: Good good!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jordan » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:07 pm

Dong Zhou: #1. Taught me I was an idiot when I first joined this forum (I conflated the novel with history at the time, and specifically had erroneous opinions about Pang Tong). The experience was humbling. I reverted to a Socratic sort of mindset thereafter, assuming I knew nothing in all things history and looking more closely at three kingdoms research before posting. My methods are still not very scholarly, but I am trying to improve. Dong Zhou remains a great member of the forum who contributes to the database more than probably anybody, as well as to community discussion on three kingdoms history.

James: An outright good person who treated me civilly even when I was a complete dickhead and deserved to be banned.

Lady Wu: She's done so much in terms of translations and content on the site. It's staggering.

The earlier post I made in this thread makes me want to go back in time so I can punch myself. There are lots of other greats on this forum. Many have come and gone and many have stayed and been fantastic members. But the three I mentioned have been the most influential and inspiring to me personally.
Jordan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri May 03, 2013 10:39 am

Zhuanyong wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:Ahhhhhh, a few blasts from the pasts in that post! Most of us were active in a few other forums as well as SoSZ at one point. FuguNabe is the only one there who I wasn't that close to at one point or another!

It seems like most of the people who were commonly present around here for my first year or so aren't currently. A lot of people either moved on or became too busy with life to participate... myself included. I didn't have the pleasure of being a member yet when FuguNabe was here. I have read posts of his when I read through some old threads. It seems like most of you all had a lot of fun during those years.

I emailed FuguNabe-sama a few years back and he replied saying work was pretty intense, also he mentioned one of his close friends was terminally ill and it was affecting him quite badly. It's a shame he's not still around, he was a patient teacher and knowledgeable on so many things. Plus he had the best sunglasses of anyone on SoSZ haha.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Previous

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads