What Age are you?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

How old are you?

14-20
324
68%
Under 14
64
13%
21-46
89
19%
Over 46
3
1%
 
Total votes : 480

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:07 am

Mitsunari wrote:Truthfully? As soon as you hit 30, you should lose any age-related hang-ups you've been plagued with in your life. It brings you some solace, believe me.

Any regrets you have regarding career paths you failed to pursue are replaced by logical alternatives based on your circumstances and finances. Suddenly, the future doesn't seem quite as daunting.

It could be the senility talking though, who knows, haha.


Indeed and indeed... 100%
Avatar: N/A

[No comment]
User avatar
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 5355
Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:58 pm
Location: If I told you, would it really matter?

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby Mitsunari » Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Zhuanyong wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:Truthfully? As soon as you hit 30, you should lose any age-related hang-ups you've been plagued with in your life. It brings you some solace, believe me.

Any regrets you have regarding career paths you failed to pursue are replaced by logical alternatives based on your circumstances and finances. Suddenly, the future doesn't seem quite as daunting.

It could be the senility talking though, who knows, haha.


Indeed and indeed... 100%


:mrgreen:

Also, I think having children helps...maybe, because you can recapture or maintain your youth vicariously through their wonderment of life.

It's the Fountain of Youth, indeed...mine, mine, nooo, hands off... :lol:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
User avatar
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit
 
Posts: 1217
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 pm
Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby Xiahou Jia » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Xiahou Jia wrote:I'm 29 now...time surely flies...


Alright...I was wrong...that wasn't so bad after all :lol:
Retired...
User avatar
Xiahou Jia
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 805
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:10 pm

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby Frankel » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:05 pm

25 feeling old now :(
Frankel
Tyro
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:00 pm

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Fri May 08, 2015 6:53 am

19 and still wishing I could do things differently.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
User avatar
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 1810
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 12:34 am
Location: The Wall

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon May 11, 2015 8:26 am

I'm now...(thinks)...26, not realizing exactly how old that sounds to someone who's still in their teens.

Somewhere along the way I forgot to remember that I was aging. To be fair, once I hit 21 (legal drinking age), it won't matter again until I'm 60 and qualify for senior discounts. :lol:
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Sage
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:12 am
Location: New Iberia. LA

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby Zyzyfer » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:01 am

Thread resurrection! Sorry but I rarely look in this particular forum for some reason hehe...

I am 36 at the moment.

Bush Leagues wrote:I'm now...(thinks)...26, not realizing exactly how old that sounds to someone who's still in their teens.

Somewhere along the way I forgot to remember that I was aging. To be fair, once I hit 21 (legal drinking age), it won't matter again until I'm 60 and qualify for senior discounts. :lol:


Trust me, when you hit a certain point in your early 30s, you will discover that there is a pretty delineation between each decade. In your 20s you're pretty much invincible, you bounce back from the hangovers without much issue, you can just keep right on trucking through seemingly minor injuries without a care in the world, you can eat whatever you want thanks to a nice, high metabolism.

30s, hangovers get tougher to overcome. Those little injuries, especially the joint crap, start to sneak up on you. Things start to creak when you get out of bed in the morning. The metabolism also decides to take a nice little nosedive and the battle of the bulge becomes an ongoing affair. It doesn't hit you the day you turn 30, but by the time you're 35, you've resigned yourself to these facts.

On the bright side, once you're in your 30s, it's a bit more acceptable to act like a curmudgeon when you're grumpy, and you've started to come to terms with being set in your ways now. Stuff Old People Do™ also, at long last, starts to make sense, and you may even find yourself starting to enjoy the idea of doing some of that stuff.
Gamefaqs: KongZhou
Steam: heinous_won
User avatar
Zyzyfer
Scholar of Shen Zhou
 
Posts: 3041
Joined: Thu May 08, 2008 1:17 pm
Location: South Korea

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby PyroMystic » Thu May 12, 2016 2:49 pm

Zyzyfer wrote:Thread resurrection! Sorry but I rarely look in this particular forum for some reason hehe...

I am 36 at the moment.

Bush Leagues wrote:I'm now...(thinks)...26, not realizing exactly how old that sounds to someone who's still in their teens.

Somewhere along the way I forgot to remember that I was aging. To be fair, once I hit 21 (legal drinking age), it won't matter again until I'm 60 and qualify for senior discounts. :lol:


Trust me, when you hit a certain point in your early 30s, you will discover that there is a pretty delineation between each decade. In your 20s you're pretty much invincible, you bounce back from the hangovers without much issue, you can just keep right on trucking through seemingly minor injuries without a care in the world, you can eat whatever you want thanks to a nice, high metabolism.

30s, hangovers get tougher to overcome. Those little injuries, especially the joint crap, start to sneak up on you. Things start to creak when you get out of bed in the morning. The metabolism also decides to take a nice little nosedive and the battle of the bulge becomes an ongoing affair. It doesn't hit you the day you turn 30, but by the time you're 35, you've resigned yourself to these facts.

On the bright side, once you're in your 30s, it's a bit more acceptable to act like a curmudgeon when you're grumpy, and you've started to come to terms with being set in your ways now. Stuff Old People Do™ also, at long last, starts to make sense, and you may even find yourself starting to enjoy the idea of doing some of that stuff.

Well, I'm just 23 and I've learned 2 important lesson in life:
1. That life sucks
2. That this universe is made up of protons, neurons, photons, electrons, and morons

That's why I think it would be good if I live less than 40 years. I mean, Sun Ce and Zhou Yu both died before 40 and they accomplished a lot.
PyroMystic
Apprentice
 
Posts: 22
Joined: Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:50 am

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby WangPeng » Fri May 20, 2016 5:16 am

Zhouyu had taken up the CEO of WU Co.ltd when he was thirteen years old,so I am a loser
WangPeng
Tyro
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:44 am

Re: What Age are you?

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat May 21, 2016 9:21 pm

Zhou Yu didn't join Sun Ce till he was 20 so you have a few years left :wink:

The comparisons people make with themselves and Sun Ce/Zhou Yu are false ones. 1) Most of us don't get their type of inheritance. Even if you are that rich, 2) times have changed. Then, 50's was a good age to get to, education was done when your 14 and you get could get a job then and begin your career. Nowadays 80 is a good age, we are educated till 18 and most children will aim to be in higher education then, unless your of such powerful families, you start your working life at a lower level then they did.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
User avatar
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou
 
Posts: 14453
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:32 pm
Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Copyright © 2002–2008 Kongming’s Archives. All Rights Reserved