Where do you live?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Sat May 24, 2008 11:19 pm

Mikhail wrote:It's actually full of beavers and lumberjacks and hockey players

With SARS
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Where do you live?

Unread postby MistroPain » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:20 pm

Mikhail wrote:I live in a magical town called "Toronto" up here in Canada. It's actually full of beavers and lumberjacks and hockey players. There's nothing else up here. Except, there could be signs of a Yeti!

Wow for once TV actually portrays a town correctly then?
Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz
MistroPain
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Unread postby Lonely_dragon » Sat Jun 07, 2008 7:46 am

hmm I'm not sure... :lol:

I live at Tangerang a city in Indonesia.... I hope this will not embaras me somehow.. :D
"Know yourself Know your enemy you can win 100 battles, Know yourself and know not the enemy find win and defeat in equal measures, Know not yourself and know not the enemy defeated in every battle." Sun Tzu
Lonely_dragon
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby KvChaos » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:17 am

Singapore.. sadly.. Though it's a lot better than the neighbouring countries. >.>
KvChaos
Initiate

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:26 am

Eagle River, Alaska. A nice little community of about 30,000 that's in the municipality (a mix between a county and a city) of Anchorage. Though now I live in Michigan most of the year... where they pretend it's cold. :lol: No offense to anyone from Michigan. It's just kind of fun to wander campus with a light jacket and sandals when everyone else looks like they're getting ready for the Iditarod or something...
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:23 am

Shu Ryorin wrote:Though now I live in Michigan most of the year... where they pretend it's cold. :lol: No offense to anyone from Michigan. It's just kind of fun to wander campus with a light jacket and sandals when everyone else looks like they're getting ready for the Iditarod or something...

As someone who just graduated from Kalamazoo College, no offence taken. I did do kind of the same thing, though, but I'm originally from Wisconsin, not Alaska. (The people in Wisconsin said I was crazy, too...)

I currently live in the smallest state, though, in the lovely (albeit hopelessly corrupt and eternally-falling-apart) city of Providence.
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Jason » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:14 pm

Mikhail wrote:I live in a magical town called "Toronto" up here in Canada. It's actually full of beavers and lumberjacks and hockey players. There's nothing else up here. Except, there could be signs of a Yeti!

Are the leaves actually blue too, or is that hockey jersey just full of lies? I bet they're blue...
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

Unread postby Kingdom of Cheng » Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:42 pm

I live in Michigan which is dying hardcore right now... :(
Someone please help... :cry:
Listener up there! what have you to confide to me?
Look in my face while I snuff the sidle of evening,
(Talk honestly, no one else hears you, and I stay only a minute longer.)
Kingdom of Cheng
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Antiochus » Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:33 pm

I moved from Montreal to Sherbrooke last march. Now Im in this wonderfull little town (about 150 000 people) so close to the States that I can go there whennever I want (havent been yet and I dont feel like driving for two hours, but its still cool).
If they can abolish fanaticism, let us pray for the advent of the sceptics.

Raymond Aron
The Opium of the Intellectuals
Antiochus
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby PhoenixRising » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:56 am

Hmm i live in Jakarta, Indonesia....city of traffic jam,hwehehehe :P
Move as swift as a wind, stay as silent as forest, attack as fierce as fire, undefeatable defense like a mountain-FURINKAZAN-
PhoenixRising
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads