What do you hate?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Wen Choung » Fri Feb 14, 2003 3:53 am

True Wen Yang, but there are other ways to look at it as well. If they were to not be wannabe gangstas, they would be two things. 1) "Normal" and productive people, or 2) Snotty brats who would flout the fact that they live in daddy's $200K house.

IMHO, option 1 does not happen very often.

And here's another one I hate... bus drivers who don't stop for you, especially when it's 18 degrees Fahrenheit (-7 Celsius) outside and you've been waiting for almost 20 minutes but will now have to wait about 20 more. That happened once to me but I've been passed by about 4 times my whole life, one of which was this afternoon.
Wen Choung
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby K-chan » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:47 am

The Yellow Dwarf wrote:I hate myself.

I feel the same way about me. And life in general.
Life is meaningless. It's just a pain in the arse, and then we die. *Sigh* Happy times...
K-chan
Initiate

Location: In my happy place, with my stuffed animals mauling my enemies. Mwhaha...

Unread postby Lady Wu » Fri Feb 14, 2003 4:49 am

I hate in-bus TVs in Hong Kong. As if there aren't enough noises in the city to drive people insane, you are forced to endure stupid, repeated, commercials for a whole hour or however long it takes to get to work, while what you really want to do is to have a little bit more quiet uninterrupted nap. If I have to run a torture camp I'd force all the inmates watch annoying commercials all day long. :evil:
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Mega Zarak » Fri Feb 14, 2003 5:07 am

Lady Wu wrote:I hate in-bus TVs in Hong Kong. As if there aren't enough noises in the city to drive people insane, you are forced to endure stupid, repeated, commercials for a whole hour or however long it takes to get to work, while what you really want to do is to have a little bit more quiet uninterrupted nap. If I have to run a torture camp I'd force all the inmates watch annoying commercials all day long. :evil:

I hate the in-bus TV in Singapore too! :oangry: It's like the bus company simply forces it down the commuters' throats and then raising the bus fares later, citing a rise in operating costs. Worse is, you get to see some people who're obviously paid to say absurd stuffs on promotional commercials like,"I like TVMobile...I give it 2 thumbs up!" My foot!! :rangry: And yah..I was definitely not amused when I found that such things exist in HK too during my honeymoon.:x

Other trivial stuffs that I hate:

i) Lab members playing Counter Strike (or any other LAN games) in the lab using lab computers. IMO, these people should simply be thrown out of the lab and they're not fit to access the University resources.

ii) People who talk loudly for no apparent reason (or maybe due to their foreign cultures). Maybe it's because I have sensitive ears but I detest those sudden noise or guffaws. In my Uni, it usually came from Chinese nationals from Mainland China, though I've nothing against them personally. It just pisses me off when their loud talks distract my train of thoughts esp. when they do it in the lab.
Mega Zarak
Grand Tutor of Wei

Unread postby Zhanghe_of_Wei » Fri Feb 14, 2003 6:37 am

Great Deer wrote:
Lady Wu wrote:I hate in-bus TVs in Hong Kong. As if there aren't enough noises in the city to drive people insane, you are forced to endure stupid, repeated, commercials for a whole hour or however long it takes to get to work, while what you really want to do is to have a little bit more quiet uninterrupted nap. If I have to run a torture camp I'd force all the inmates watch annoying commercials all day long. :evil:

I hate the in-bus TV in Singapore too! :oangry: It's like the bus company simply forces it down the commuters' throats and then raising the bus fares later, citing a rise in operating costs. Worse is, you get to see some people who're obviously paid to say absurd stuffs on promotional commercials like,"I like TVMobile...I give it 2 thumbs up!" My foot!! :rangry:

I think so too :nods: All the stuff TVMobile airs are old recordings of dumb stuff :x Whenever I'm on the bus after work, it'll be running some childish gag shows. As if it's not frustrating enough to packed like a can of sardines in the crowded bus, there's loud, jarring noises and howls of laughter coming from the speakers :evil: Otherwise, it'll be running local shows that most people won't choose to watch... urgh :x Can't we get quiet and pleasant bus rides anymore?? :?
"Knowledge is not as important as imagination. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world" - Albert Einstein
"In the end, it's not the years in your life that counts. It's the life in your years." -Abraham Lincoln
Zhanghe_of_Wei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Ju Bei » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:04 am

I kinda hate myself right now too. I keep saying things that make my situation worse.. So I need to shut up...

I also so very much hate, people that are cheaters, users, abusers, liars..etc. I cant stand them. They are the ones that make it harder for people to trust others.
"Let's face it, comedy's a dead art form. Tragedy, now that's funny."

"Fine. I'll go build my own lunar lander! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the lunar lander and the blackjack! Ah, screw the whole thing."
Ju Bei
The Black Swordsman

Unread postby Stuart » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:24 am

I hate people who tell me how to feel or what to say. I also wear alot of black and i dont like people who call me a goth and throw stuff at me etc.
Stuart
The Shining One

Unread postby Harimau » Fri Feb 14, 2003 10:38 am

I hate idiots who ruin books in the library... Dear god i want to choke them and put them in boiling oil....
If I'm posting here, it means I'm procrastinating.
Harimau
Shangshu Ling

Unread postby Maria » Fri Feb 14, 2003 11:42 am

I hate people who always think they're better than the others, i.e arrogant. I'm so ready to strangle them... And I also have the tendency to temporarily hate people who don't have the same brain wavelength with me. Especiall those with the much shorter ones. I don't know how could someone not understand something that's so simple...
Maria
Iron Duchess

Unread postby Lu Kai » Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:13 pm

People who tries to have pointless debates against you and they don't even know what they're talking about.

Bus Drivers who ignore you.

And racist people. :evil:
三國演義
Lu Kai
Apprentice

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads