What do you hate?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: What do you hate?

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:26 pm

James wrote:I don't normally have anything to say here. But damn, I hate how easily the prospect of getting a little money can cause a family member to turn against everyone else in their family, and that such a thing can be so common that you can run into multiple examples as an individual in just a year.

How I wish for financial security, of any description, however anyone who covets wealth so black-heartedly really has no business breathing.

Harsh, but true.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:35 am

I hate people asking 'So what are you going to do now?' when they know that you've only had 3 or 4 days since your circumstances have changed and already expect you to have come up with a new life plan hours after ripping up the last one. :rangry:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I hate people asking 'So what are you going to do now?' when they know that you've only had 3 or 4 days since your circumstances have changed and already expect you to have come up with a new life plan hours after ripping up the last one. :rangry:

??

Was my suggestion to you not adequate? I don't think I included any cop-out cliches whatsoever...
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:48 pm

Mitsunari wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:I hate people asking 'So what are you going to do now?' when they know that you've only had 3 or 4 days since your circumstances have changed and already expect you to have come up with a new life plan hours after ripping up the last one. :rangry:

??

Was my suggestion to you not adequate? I don't think I included any cop-out cliches whatsoever...

I've just explained in PM but that rant was in no way about you! Sorry about that misunderstanding buddy :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:40 am

Hatred is a strong word, consistently over-used, however anyone who commits selfish acts of emotion damage upon those who kept them afloat for 6 years and then acts like a victim is worthy of nothing but contempt and disgust. If I had a solicitor, I'd nail such a person to the wall.
Mitsunari

Unread postby PyroMystic » Thu May 12, 2016 2:44 pm

^^^^
five-star post

Also, I hate small talk like plague. I will talk about Kant philosophy, Einstein's theory of relativity, Quantum mechanics, conspiracy theory, religion, history of Three Kingdoms, even Marvel and Dynasty Warriors. But if people ask me "How are you?", I will find myself silently contemplating on that question until the conversation become awkward.
PyroMystic
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 19, 2016 5:54 pm

PyroMystic wrote:

^^^^
five-star post

:lol:

Thank you. I was feeling a little raw. I'd just turned down a job I was very keen to do because my fiancee had been offered her dream job in a different part of the country. Her dad then had the cheek to make it sound like it was my fault I didn't yet have a job. I was not impressed.
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby greencactaur » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:22 am

I hate not being able to accomplish the dream I've set myself up for.
I hate people that hate others for having an opinion that differs from their own.
I hate rude people.
greencactaur
Academic

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:03 am

greencactaur wrote:I hate people that hate others for having an opinion that differs from their own.

Amen to that

The final season of the Musketeers, I should stop becuase it makes me angry but it is the final season. Apparently these 1600's soldiers and playboys who go around serving an absolute monarch are now 21st century modern men with love of feminism, democracy, equal rights, they hate war and common legal practises of the time. It is done gratingly badly, with the subtly of a brick to the groin, characters feel like mouth pieces and I watched an episode that made me feel it was "feminism for only right thinking woman." and another incident where I felt all the talks of morals, the show writers are clearly more about preaching then actually showing it being carried out in little but important ways.

I'm happy with moral lessons in my shows. Legends of Tomorrow did a great one
1950's were great... if your a white man.
which they did with subtly, in the way that reflected the characters and it at least felt like it tried to live up to the ideals. Musketeers is all agonisingly out of character propaganda, no actual morals. I hate that

I also hate, and I see this a lot, those that back feminism, compassion and all sorts of things but only for those of the right political leanings or circumstance.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:31 pm

Not hate but a grumble, I don't get why Netflix changed their rating system. It used to be you rated a film/show out of 5 which allowed you to separate "slightly boring" from "oh god this is horrible" and "this is the greatest moment of my life" vs "very good" and of course "that was fine". While it's "we suggest this becuase you liked" could be weird, it did seem to get a good understanding of how I would view a film with telling me "we think this film is a 4 star for you" or a warning 2. I'm not sure how it is going to do that when you select from thumbs up or thumbs down? Or what I'm supposed to select for an ok film.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads