Official STAR WARS Thread

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Official STAR WARS Thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm

So I'm sure most of you are aware by now that JJ Abrams is directing the new films, what y'all think of that?
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Korin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Star Trek + Star Wars director? omg
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:39 pm

Sun Fin wrote:So I'm sure most of you are aware by now that JJ Abrams is directing the new films, what y'all think of that?

Doesn't bother me in the slightest!! He has proven himself able to effectively update a genre created in the 60s to be of interest today and still maintain the vital points behind it!! So yeah I'm fine with him directing new Star Wars films!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Korin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:40 pm

I heard it's gonna be the S equal Trilogy
Soshi.
Korin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:49 pm

@SunXia: yeah that was my feeling on it, he may not be Joss Whedon but he's a great choice.

@Korin: Its gonna be completely new material not based upon any of the novels, which I'm gutted about because I'd love to have seen Thrawn bought to life on screen.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Erdrick » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 am

Sun Fin wrote:So I'm sure most of you are aware by now that JJ Abrams is directing the new films, what y'all think of that?

Well, since he made ST'09 so much like a Star Wars (prequel) movie anyway...
Between Mysidian Moments and MizuSoft, I have little time for MeeSelf...
Erdrick
Sage

Unread postby Erdrick » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:48 am

Shikanosuke wrote:
Mestre Will wrote:
1º - I am say about the final battle not bespin , because in bespin he are not Jedi yet.

No, in Bespin he is a Jedi. He has had Jedi training by Yoda by this time. Yoda, his new master, cautions him against going recklessly after his friends. Why? Because Jedi believe personal attachments lead people to make irrational decisions which can lead down the dark side. What happens? Young Skywalker runs off, finds his father, loses his hand, and nearly his life. He doesn't save his friends, either.

Hold on, I gotta address this.

Luke wasn't a Jedi- seriously, unless becoming a Jedi is less work than getting a driver's license (renewed)- he was on Dagobah, what, a week, maybe two, tops? (Unless the Falcon had some serious food stores, they couldn't have been off of Hoth too long before they were on Bespin, and even if mynocks were good eating, they didn't notice them until they were leaving Wormville- Luke training ran that length of time, not counting finding Yoda...) And it wasn't like he was working on Jedi correspondence courses after ANH. Frankly, from a training standpoint, he couldn't have been during RotJ, (six months between ESB & RotJ, I believe)- he might have ready to advance to Padawan <_<
Between Mysidian Moments and MizuSoft, I have little time for MeeSelf...
Erdrick
Sage

Unread postby Bryan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Thought it was accepted that Luke didn't actually become a Jedi until he faced Vader, then refused to strike him down per the Emperor's urging?

I was pretty anxious when Disney got their mitts on the Star Wars IP at first, but I gotta confess that I like JJ Abrams a bit actually. Super 8 wasn't horrible for me, and I did enjoy the last Star Trek film. So all in all, I'm pretty curious to see how it'll turn out.
"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn."
Discover Tolkien!
Bryan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:10 am

So, LucasArts is dead. Would anyone like to share a few words? I'll go first:

I enjoyed Star Wars: Battlefront II. It was a good game. I'm sad to see the already miniscule chances of a Battlefront III shrink further.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Aygor » Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:10 pm

Shu Ryorin wrote:So, LucasArts is dead. Would anyone like to share a few words? I'll go first:

I enjoyed Star Wars: Battlefront II. It was a good game. I'm sad to see the already miniscule chances of a Battlefront III shrink further.

:(
I loved Battlefront II too (even though the limitations to jetpack clones and droidekas make me prefer Battlefront I).
It's a pity they never expanded that franchise, it had a huge potential.
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads