Official STAR WARS Thread

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Official STAR WARS Thread

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:25 pm

SunXia wrote:Hardly surprises me, still waiting for Old Republic, how long is that game going to take??

I forgot exaclty when but the Old Republic was pushed back to come out with the game, and I think it is slated to come out next June. Ill check some time.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:42 am

Just finished reading Alleigence by Timothy Zhan. Its far and away my favourite star wars book by my favourite star wars author. The concept of 'The Hand of Judgement' just really appeals to me. Apparently there'll be a sequal that will see them join up to the Empire of the Hand.

EDIT Just found this article and found it interesting that many of the early books have disapeared from the official cannon...

Focusing really on 1992 and 1993.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ ... lease_date
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:03 pm

Sun Fin wrote:Just finished reading Alleigence by Timothy Zhan. Its far and away my favourite star wars book by my favourite star wars author. The concept of 'The Hand of Judgement' just really appeals to me. Apparently there'll be a sequal that will see them join up to the Empire of the Hand.

EDIT Just found this article and found it interesting that many of the early books have disapeared from the official cannon...

Focusing really on 1992 and 1993.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_ ... lease_date

That list is incomplete, so many may just not have been added.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby GuoBia » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:20 am

I wonder... Why are twilek women gorgeous but the men just either 'meh' or kind of fugly?
Guo run! Guo run!!!!
GuoBia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:12 pm

I don't think all the women are gorgeous, it's just thos that we see are either clearly meant to represent sexual slaves or are slim, toned Jedi!! But then it's a matter of perspective!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:11 pm

GuoBia wrote:I wonder... Why are twilek women gorgeous but the men just either 'meh' or kind of fugly?

Good question. They seem to show exotic twilek women who are toned, and then normal male twilek men with fangs. Some of the male twi'leks in the EU are described as attractive, but then again those are just written not shown.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:23 am

So it looks like change is in the wind for Star Wars books, with the last big mega-series over and no plans for another any time soon (for which I gift Del Rey a companion cube: [<3] ).

This year alone Timothy Zahn's got a Han Solo caper novel coming out, Aaron Allston has another X-Wing book all about Wraith Squadron, and the book Scourge is also coming out and currently has a fifty page preview up on Suvudu. What direction do you think Del Rey's gonna go with the Expanded Universe now and what do you want to see?
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Habast » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:47 pm

I always liked Michael Reave's books, even if they are a bit cheesy at times. I really liked the Coruscant Nights and MedStar series. I got his latest book, Shadow Games, on my Kindle but haven't really gotten around to reading it yet. I got too into David Dalglish's Paladins series, it's fantastic. I'll get around to reading Shadow Games sometime, though.
Habast
Tyro

Unread postby Mestre Will » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:44 am

There any legend of the first Jedy ? or first Sith ? i know sith i realy begin as a very old "nation" that later become an empire. Sure must be a legend of the first great force user like the "father of all jedy/sith".
Knowledge is achieved with time, but Intelligence is born with it or without it. - Mestre Will
Mestre Will
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:00 am

Mestre Will wrote:There any legend of the first Jedy ? or first Sith ? i know sith i realy begin as a very old "nation" that later become an empire. Sure must be a legend of the first great force user like the "father of all jedy/sith".

I believe that there's currently an ongoing comic series about that called Dawn of the Jedi. According to its Wookieepedia article, it's about the very beginnings of the Jedi Order (or, as it was called at the time, the "Je'daii" Order), tens of thousands of years before the films, before the Light and Dark sides of the Force were polarized. The third issue came out earlier this month.
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads