Official STAR WARS Thread

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Official STAR WARS Thread

Unread postby Shikanosuke » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:01 pm

Shu Ryorin wrote:So, LucasArts is dead. Would anyone like to share a few words? I'll go first:

I enjoyed Star Wars: Battlefront II. It was a good game. I'm sad to see the already miniscule chances of a Battlefront III shrink further.

I mean, I'm a tad sad. They did put a few games I enjoyed like SWBF2, Jedi Academy, Rogue Squadron, TFU, and a few others. But overall their games lacked staying power and the ones that had them like KOTOR and KOTOR2 were farmed out to folks like Bioware. To be honest Disney might have the best idea in just franchising the label out.
Shikanosuke
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:59 pm

For years I have wanted gaming where you get to actually block shots like Jedi!! When the Wii came out I was excited then disappointed, "Look at me I'm bowling" did not interest me in the slightest!! Kinect Star Wars was pathetic, to me there is no other word for a game that people only remember because of that awful "I'm Han Solo" dance!!

I love Battlefront II but come on, this is Star Wars, there can be so much more done in this day and age than just shooters except this time they have lasers!! I hope they have a successor for developing Star Wars games there is so much they can do with it!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:04 pm

Well they did do Star Wars The Clone Wars: Lightsaber Duels I admit it wasn't the best game ever but at least it was a start in using Wii technology with lightsabers...
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Tigger of Kai » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 am

Shameless plug -- my Star Wars: The Old Republic guild is really gearing up for the new launch, find Tigger'of'kai on The Shadowlands server for a guild invite!
Mithril! The dwarves tell no tales. But just as it was the foundation of their wealth, so also it was their destruction. They delved too greedily and too deep, and disturbed that from which they fled.
Tigger of Kai
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:37 pm

Haaha I have just started playing it on the Red Eclipse server!! They are down today unfortunately!! First character is Adelysa!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Huang Bob » Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:11 am

Been about three years but I finally picked up a Star Wars novel again. God, I've missed these characters. Too bad they ruined Jacen Solo, I really loved him. Currently finishing up the Fate of the Jedi story arc. Speaking of which, time for an avatar change.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:19 pm

Watching Episode 3 for the first time all the way through and I have to say its not a touch on the book. Everytime I read it I'm pleading with the Jedi to treat Anakin better and Anakin to make the right decisions yet the films doesn't do anywhere near a good job of presenting the dilemma's and possible alternatives.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby WeiWenDi » Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:38 pm

'Chewie, we're home.'

A couple of annoying bits in this trailer, but otherwise I'm loving the epic feel. Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford, wow; I've just been successfully hyped. Just keeping my fingers crossed that Mark looks slightly less dumpy than he did in Kingsmen.
Some more blood, Chekov. The needle won't hurt, Chekov. Take off your shirt, Chekov. Roll over, Chekov. Breathe deeply, Chekov. Blood sample, Chekov! Marrow sample, Chekov! Skin sample, Chekov! If I live long enough... I'm going to run out of samples.
WeiWenDi
Hedgehog Emperor

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:20 am

I'm so excited! :D
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun May 17, 2015 1:21 pm

Sky movies recently did a collection of all six movies together. I have watched them all but it was some time ago, I remember not hating the prequels and enjoying the older 3 but not in the same beloved way others view them. Was curious to see how I would feel about them now and if they would excite me for the new films or I would remain "might as well"

I had forgotten how exciting hearing that old Star Wars opening tune and seeing the scrolling text was but Phantom Menace was quite boring. Visually very very good even more then 15 years on but the rest is meh. I liked the humour of Qui-Gon Jinn, there were some good side characters around like Yoda, Ian McDiarmid's senator, Watto. I even liked some of the politics and some nice (if overly blatant) nods to films 4-6. The likes of Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman did reasonably well, showing some of their talent but didn't quite feel ready for the big roles they had.

The problems? Some of the middi-chroline what'sathingy
Immaculate conception. Really?
, there is something a tad troubling about some of the voice work like the trade viceroy's, Jar Jar Binks is a plague upon humanity with really really unfunny comedy. Replace him with empty space and it would have been far better, even as cast talked to thin air. I found young Anakin somewhat annoying (Jake Lloyd didn't work for me, perhaps not helped by the high quality of child actors we get now) but my sister thought Anakin was good while big emotional moments fell flat. Also if you can't make death filled pod-racing exciting, your film has a problem....

I recall Darth Maul being a huge figure at the time it came out, expected more from him and now I understand why Jar Jar Binks is reviled.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads