Official STAR WARS Thread

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Official STAR WARS Thread

Unread postby Apollo Kenobi » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:31 am

I liked Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn too.... But a part of me hope that Luke does not marry and continues the tradition of having an ascetic lifestyle.... And he should have young padawans and not bearded ones like Kyle!!!!
Also, another thing I will not miss is that whole Yuzhong nonsense.... Beings who are not affected by the force/or exist outside the force goes against the very notion of the omniscience of the force....
Apollo Kenobi
Tyro

Unread postby Huang Bob » Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:00 am

Apollo Kenobi wrote:I liked Mara Jade and Kyle Katarn too.... But a part of me hope that Luke does not marry and continues the tradition of having an ascetic lifestyle.... And he should have young padawans and not bearded ones like Kyle!!!!

Hard to avoid not giving Luke a kid considering Episodes 1-6 were Skywalker centric. You would think Episodes 7-9 would also be that way since it's a continuation of that storyline (hence them being Episodes 7-9), but I really doubt they will be focusing on the Skywalker family as in 1-6.

As far as older Jedi "padawans" go, it makes sense. There's an 18 year gap where potential force users had no where to go to learn, often learned of their abilities on their own. Katarn would have been 5 during Episode 3 and he was born in the Outer Rim (just like Anakin). He would have went unnoticed as far as being a potential padawan for the prequel Jedi order. Luke needed help in the form of older force users. He wouldn't have had the time to search out and teach actual padawans as we know them from Episodes 1-3, all the while working to build the New Republic.

Apollo Kenobi wrote:Also, another thing I will not miss is that whole Yuzhong nonsense.... Beings who are not affected by the force/or exist outside the force goes against the very notion of the omniscience of the force....

It's possible. Not explainable by any scientific knowledge that mankind knows of, though. They would have to be some kind of energetic black hole where no energy exists.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:06 pm

Watched The Empire Strikes Back and I know I'll be shot for treason for this but found it all... a bit patchy. Yoda a bit irritating at first but grew into him, I liked Lando, love the Han and Leia fighting/passion, there are some iconic scenes. Yet every now and again, I felt pulled out of the film and a bit bored.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby SunXia » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:47 pm

Honestly I always found Return of the Jedi to be funner of the first two sequels (except needless gratification scene). I never understood why people were like "OMG these prequels suck and the originals were so so superior." I mean yes they were superior but they weren't masterpieces of faultless capacity.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Huang Bob » Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:20 am

Compared to a normal, non-Star Wars movie, yeah, they probably aren't masterpieces, but compared to episodes 1 and 2 especially, yeah they are.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:36 pm

Saw Return of the Jedi, possibly the best of the trilogy. One bad scene
the flat Han confession to his sister
aside, pretty much everything was good. Vader with emotional depth, the sinister Emperor, our three heroes including the great love, space battles, tricks, Ewoks, Yoda, a moving ending.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:18 am

Huang Bob wrote: Specifically, Mara (her marriage to Luke and their son Ben), the Solo kids, Kyle Katarn, Thrawn.

If we get Thrawn and Mara I'll be happy! Also Chewie back is a huge bonus!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:00 pm

So long as Mara isn't the eternally young 55 year old!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby ky9ersfan » Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:58 pm

For me it goes 4, 5, 6, 3, 2, 1, I love them all.

It comes out on the 18th, and I can't wait.

I am kind of thinking, that Kylo Ren will be a former Jedi Knight turned sith lord/commander. His name kind of sounds like Obi Wan, or Qui Gon like, like it is a jedi title, or something. That was what me and a friend were thinking anyways. If true that probably makes him an commander/pawn like Count Dooku, but much more physically imposing. He is probably a distraction going into episode 8 where he is then slain. While the real threat pulls the strings behind the scenes. Some new sith leader capable of regrouping the empire remnants, and dealing the republic defeats, and putting into motion new sinister designs. Some have speculated that Darth Plaguise The Wise might somehow have survived assassination. I don't know, it is interesting to hear peoples opinions online. I can't wait to see that dynamic unfold on the screen, so many possibilities, it will be interesting to see how Abrams wrote it up.
ky9ersfan
Initiate

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:24 am

I'm excited for this but as they release books in the new timeline I am sad to see the whole of the EU go up in flames.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads