Official STAR WARS Thread

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Official STAR WARS Thread

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:19 am

Yeah someone else pointed that out to me offline. :oops:

Maybe I need to re-watch it and give it another chance.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Re: Official STAR WARS Thread

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Watched Rogue One, can't say I was a fan. The set up takes awhile, gathering up characters I never really cared for, pairings that didn't work bar Chirrut Îmwe and Baze Malbus, alright humour from likes of K-2SO but always a feeling the joke should be better and is a bit too easy to read coming. Some nice nods but writing could be clumsy in the big moments, some major characters I really didn't care for (particularly Gerrera with Forest Whitaker's weird performance) and the choice of leader for the group didn't make sense within the film.

I more enjoyed the second half, good action, the well done villains of Orson Krennic and the impressive work on Moff Tarkin (there are moments where the special effects seep through but it is amazing how well it mostly pulls it off) help. It pulls off some important moments by underplaying it and when it does that, the moments click whereas when they go big it feels clunky and some logic questions emerge.
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Previous

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads