All-Time Favourite Quotes (Anything)

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: All-Time Favourite Quotes (Anything)

Unread postby Lady Wu » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:42 am

Tigger of Kai wrote:In his documentary on the war, Ken Burns adds, "Andrew Carnegie and J.P. Morgan hired substitutes, as did two future presidents -- Chester A. Arthur and Grover Cleveland. 'Bounty jumping' became a profession. Men signed up from one district long enough to receive a reward for enlisting, then deserted to do the same elsewhere. One man repeated the process 32 times before he was caught."

Sounds like a great get-rich-quick scheme!
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Huang Bob » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:46 am

I found this gem on Harrison Ford's imdb.com page and thought it described my work attitude pretty well.

I think I did have a reputation for being grumpy. I don't think I'm grumpy. I have opinions. I have an independent vision. I am a purposeful person. But on a daily basis, I think I'm other than grumpy. I think it is a case where I am coming to do business and not there just to be flattered and cajoled and used.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
Huang Bob
United Abominations

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Thu Nov 28, 2013 1:39 pm

"Think about it. If all people on earth would be the same, would that really mean we're at peace? Same gender, same abilities, same skills and talents, same looks, same minds, same wisdom. Will it be better or will it be worse than it is now?" - Joan Louvie / "Bob Moran - The Yellow Shadow FanFiction"

"If I could decide what to be in my next live, I surely wish I could be a star, for there is no human who will ever understand me and no power that binds me. And if humanity gets on my nerves, I just blast them with me to oblivion. Ha!" - Blade de Constantine / "Ages of Agony RPG Project of our 'Sister Cooperation' Horrorpuppets" XD

"There is no rhyme, no riddle, no question I cannot speak. But there are many of those who you try to understand, but will never grasp at all." - Hanleng

"Wise is the one who is cold enough to sacrifice lives. Strong is the one who protects, but needs no other living. Calm is the one who needs neither of those. But to be truly successful in your task, you need all three." - Wufeng the Calm
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby Ranbir » Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:13 pm

"I love RTK as much as the next person but I have a life" - CC

This made me laugh a lot because I think some of us can relate, and then some of us can't. :wink:
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Qu Hui » Tue Feb 04, 2014 2:46 pm

"I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound; if I can remember any of the damn things." -Dorothy Parker
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:03 am

"You can say 'Gee, your life must be pretty bleak if you don't think there's a purpose,' but I'm anticipating a good lunch." - James Watson
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:40 am

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:25 pm

Xia Kyoto wrote:"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efub89RMgvQ
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:08 pm

Badass.
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:44 am

This made me smile. From Luxembourg's former Prime Minister Jean-Claude Juncker
"we all know what to do, we just don't know how to get re-elected after we've done it".
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads