All-Time Favourite Quotes (Anything)

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

All-Time Favourite Quotes (Anything)

Unread postby Zhou Tai » Wed Oct 23, 2002 8:44 pm

Well hello again yet another topic :lol: , so whats your all-time favourite quote, this can be anything from three kingdoms to a well known saying to a scene from your favourite soap/comedy/drama.

Three Kingdoms Related - Would most have to be related to my favourite person. A Bit Long Winded.....

Sun Qun held his [Zhou Tai’s] arm, and tears crossed his face. He called him by his style name, saying,

“Youping, you have fought like a bear and a tiger for us two brothers, and not holding back your own life you have been wounded in several tens of places, and your skin is as if it’s been etched on. Can I not treat you as one of my brothers, and bestow the powers of command upon you? You have done great service for Wu, and I would stand with you in times of honor and shame, in joy and sorrow. Youping, be merry. Do not let the fact that you lack pedigree make you back down from your tasks!”

And at that he commanded for the imperial silk parasol of blue veils to be bestowed upon Zhou Tai.

Just that Sun Quan is opening his heart and showing his feelings and apreciation of Zhou Tai's service for the Sun Family.

Some shorter things....

Who Dares, Wins - British SAS (The Best Soldiers In The World)

And this one from Married With Children

*Peg Comes back from shopping and enters the front door*
Peg: AL.....Did You Miss Me?
Al: With Every Bullet Peg........ :lol: :lol: :lol:
What? Am I suppose to impress you with a phrase. ><
Zhou Tai
Scholar

Unread postby Cao Ren » Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:09 pm

taishi ci quote when he is dying, i also like cao's cao's betray the world quote and of course sima yi's 5 principles
also The world can do without Cao Hong, but not without yoiu my lord!-cao hong those are some of my favorites from rotk

the only thing we have to fear is fear itself -FDR

I came, i saw, i conquered-julius caeser
and dont get mad at me for this!

i do not fight for right, i fight for victory-hitlar i just thought that was a pretty deep thing to say
Cao Ren
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DianWei » Wed Oct 23, 2002 10:57 pm

eh it isnt cao hong who says that im pretty sure... unless he says it also... im inclined to think its cao an min but....

anyways mine is "give a man a match hell be warm for a minute, light a man on fire and hell be warm for the rest of his life" :lol:
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jimayo » Thu Oct 24, 2002 1:15 am

"What'd you do, tell him to hit me with the golf club? Are you serious? I'm a ****ing demon, and you're going to assault me with a putter."

"It is every mans right to decide when to sheathe the sword, even one like me."(Sheathing the sword is giving up your life to achieve a goal)

"Wizard's First Rule, people are stupid. They will believe anything you tell them, either because they want to believe it is true, or because they fear that it is true."

"A crafty enemy, will set a weak ambush you are meant to break through. Confident because you have dealt with the threat, you walk into the second stronger ambush."

"The general who fights at the front of the battle is a fool. Yeah, a man could get killed in there." :lol:

"Wizard's Third Rule: Passion rules reason."

"The Hockey News: What one thing would you want if you were on a deserted island? Brendan Shanahan: A helicopter." :lol:

"You were martyred?

That's one way to put it. Another is to say I was bludgeoned to **** by big ****ing rocks!"

"Cause christmas is for shopping, and the shopping god is everything."

"1949 George Orwell portrays a chilling world in which computers are used by large beauracracies to monitor and enslave the population in his book, 1984.
1976 Curswell computer products introduces the curswell reading machine. The first printed speech reading machine for the blind.
1997 Deep Blue beats Gary Kesperof(sp?), the world chess champion, in a regulation tournament."

"Take death for example. A lot of our effort goes into avoiding it. We make extraordinary efforts to delay, and often consider it's intrusion a tragic event. Yet we would find it hard to live without it. Death gives meaning to our lives, it gives importance and value to time. Time would become meaningless if they were too much of it. If death were indefinately put off the human psyche would end up, well, like the gambler, on the twilight zone episode."

"Cause power's just another one of those things there is. Pointless if you ain't gonna use it."

"Theres bodies in the water, floating all around, and all of them are talking, and their comedians."
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Unread postby Shi Jing Xu » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:21 am

Three Kingdoms Quote: Dynasty Warriors 3
"Master...uh...it huuurtttsss..." One of the Qiao's from DW..ya know, the one married to Gongjin?

Other Quotes:
"Know thyself." ~ Socrates
"Et tu, Brutè?" ~ Julius Caesar 'The Tragedy of Julius Caesar'
"Speak hands for me!" ~ Casca 'The Tragedy of Julius Caesar'
"I love the name of honor more than I fear death."~ Marcus Brutus 'The Tragedy of Julius Caesar'
"Pythagorean Triple? What the hell is that?!" ~ Jessica (Vegetabcool) in Geometry
"As if you could kill time without injuring eternity." ~ Henry David Thoreau
Shi Jing Xu
Hermione G

Unread postby lordostrategy » Thu Oct 24, 2002 2:34 am

"I'm ****ing dead, get that through your thick skull."(i mixed it up to sound more.... "evil")

"The dead don't feel... 'aroused'." Kai

"The dead..... ARE DEAD!!!" Kai

"Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." (Huang Zhong)

"BUM BUM BUM!!!!!" (the rest of the message is completely unappropriate)

whacko.... huh?

~Edit~

*points to sig* HOW COULD I FORGET!?

DOWN WITH THE REBELS,
DOWN WITH LIU BEI!!!!!
DOWN WITH THE REBELS,
DOWN WITH LIU BEI!!!!!!!
- Cao Cao's soliders at Tian Shui (kessen 2)
Try this, you Wuists!

"If Wu was truly the greatest Kingdom, then why did Jin work them like a part time job?" -Justin
Want this buried into your skull? WWO ALL THE WAY!
lordostrategy
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Trying to get a lame title from Zhou Dexiang and James... SSSSHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

Unread postby DianWei » Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:08 am

uhm... i cant remember what it is exactly butm from much ado about nothing... i think they say something about making prince.... errgh... the dude besides john... well making beatrix die which had a more obscene context in shakespeare

another one i like is "i bite my thumb at you!"
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Starscream » Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:41 am

"...." - Rukawa Kaede from Slamdunk

"Ahou ga" - Saitou Hajime from Rurouni Kenshin

"Ah yes, Harry Potter. Our new - celebrity," - Severus Snape :lol:
”太慢了。“
Starscream
Decepticon Air Commander

Unread postby Ju Bei » Thu Oct 24, 2002 5:42 am

"Damn I Hate Stupid People" - Nate(me)

"Hey, so why do I have to be Mr. Pink?"
"Becuase your a Faggot" - Resevoir Dogs

Homer - "Hello, My name is Mr. Burns, I believe you have a letter for me."
Clerk - "Ok Mr. Burns, Whats your first name?"
Homer - "I..Dont..Know..."

"I am so smart, I am so smart. S-M-R-T, I mean S-M-A-R-T..." - Homer

*rap music playing*
"You know, if I wanted to here shit I would talk to my sister." - Nate(me)

"Oh, Im Sorry, I dont speak Dumbass.." - Nate(me)
"Let's face it, comedy's a dead art form. Tragedy, now that's funny."

"Fine. I'll go build my own lunar lander! With blackjack! And hookers! In fact, forget the lunar lander and the blackjack! Ah, screw the whole thing."
Ju Bei
The Black Swordsman

Unread postby Jimayo » Thu Oct 24, 2002 6:53 am

"Screw you guys! I'm going home."

"Dude, that's pretty ****ed up right here."

"NO KITTY THAT'S A BAD KITTY!!!!!!"
98% of the internet population has a Myspace. If you're part of the 2% that isn't an emo bastard, copy and paste this into your sig.
Jimayo
Lord of the Thirteen Hells

Location: Nothingness. And that's where I'll be returning in oh, about 15 minutes.

Next

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads