What brought you into the ROTK world?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Well?

The novel itself
7%
The Dynasty Warriors series
51%
The Kessen series
2%
The ROTK game series
19%
The television series
1%
This forum
2%
I'm Chinese, so its my nation's history
8%
Any other way?
9%

Total votes : 243

Unread postby Ts'ao Jian » Fri Dec 12, 2003 8:28 pm

first DW4, after that, i got interested in the actual history, and got the book (or at least the first 40 chapters...). after that, i looked at stuff on kongming.net, and eventually found this site.
Now heroes are men who cherish lofty designs in their bosoms and have plans to achieve them; they have all-embracing schemes, and the whole world is at their mercy. -Ts'ao Ts'ao

Hell is other people. -Tagline of No Exit
Ts'ao Jian
Langzhong

Unread postby EERman » Fri Dec 12, 2003 10:43 pm

my friend got me into it with dynasty warriors 3, about a year after it came out. then i eventually found on the internet, looking for more dynasty warriors 3 stuff, it was real! then i looked up on the internet about the book, and i got SGYY (abriged :( ) and ROTK7,now 8. but it all started with DW3 :D
Suger Is Sweet
EERman
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Lion's Mane » Sat Dec 13, 2003 5:21 am

I am honestly surprised I never posted here. Well, rather like James, I had played Destiny of an Emperor and Romance of the Three Kingdoms on the old NES. However, that's not where my love of this era came into play. I eventually forgot about those games with their funny named characters (bear in mind, I barely knew who the Chinese were at the time, and those I did know were brief exposures at my mother's job, where I had vocal names, and not written).

Cut many years later, when the Playstation 2 came out. I was playing this demo in the story of this game where you controlled one of three characters, and fought on this snowy stage. I was hooked on that game, and whenever I could, I was playing the demo at the game store (pathetic story yet?). Suddenly, something clicked. Some of these names . . . weren't they in a game I played a LONG time ago? Something that had historical basis? Intrigued, I researched more, and lo and behold, there it was, www.threekingdoms.com, that had a novel based on DoaE, RTK and this new game, Dynasty Warriors 2. Wait, 2? I didn't even realize there was a 1!

To make this long story short, well, I don't have a specific thing. It was a combination of things that got me interested.
Remember, children, "No two people are not on fire."
Lion's Mane
Lord of Annwn
Lord of Annwn

Unread postby xiaocaca » Sun Dec 14, 2003 4:02 pm

Mostly DW4. well, actually making my website. i wanted to make a website dedicated to my fave character, gan ning, and i was searching for pictures of him, and i came to kongming.net, and i saw biographies, and then i got obsessed with all the biographies and stuff, and me dad got me RTK, and now i'm all wrapped up in it... and now my website has nothing to do with gan ning. but DW4 started all of this.
xiaocaca
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Kevin » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:12 am

My friend brought DW3 to my house. Badabing baby.
Kevin

Unread postby Wanghui » Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:47 am

I know 3 kingdom since Junior High Scholl, my friend really likes to play this simulation game ( I forgot about the title) in computer. Several years passed and then my brother starts to play DW3 XL and buy SGYY. I found the game was interested so I also enjoy to read the book
Wanghui
Sage

Unread postby krusan » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:48 pm

First, DW 3. I became addicted. Then, search more information and read the novel, Kessen II, DW3XL, DW4 and last (and my favorite now) DT2.
I think there are no ROTK games in Spain, and the other Koei games related, are quite difficult to find.
krusan
Master

Unread postby SilverKey » Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:54 pm

It all started with my rental of dynasty warriors 2. from there on my intrest blossomed.
We pillage, we plunder, we rifle and loot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. Drink up me 'earties yo ho! Yo ho, yo ho a pirate's life for me. We extort, we pilfer, we filch and sack. Drink up me 'earties yo ho!
SilverKey
Student

Unread postby Ranbir » Tue Jan 20, 2004 7:16 pm

The ROTK games....IV Walls of Fire actually....still playing it...until March. :D
"The imaginary number is a fine and wonderful resource of the human spirit, almost an amphibian between being and not being." - Gottfried Leibniz
Science snobbery.
Ranbir
For Queen and Country

Unread postby Master Still Water » Tue Mar 16, 2004 4:39 am

'Dynasty Warriors 4' is what initially got into ROT3K.
Master Still Water
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads