What brought you into the ROTK world?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Well?

The novel itself
7%
The Dynasty Warriors series
51%
The Kessen series
2%
The ROTK game series
19%
The television series
1%
This forum
2%
I'm Chinese, so its my nation's history
8%
Any other way?
9%

Total votes : 243

Unread postby Lulu » Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:32 pm

When DW 1 came out, my hubby rented it. Once I realised the characters had lived long ago, I was intrigued. When the other games came out, I started to look into this history more. I have read quite a few of the bios, visited here daily, and am reading the online book. However I am hoping to get the 5 volume set for Christmas :D It's ironic because in school I hated history, and now I read almost everyday. Maybe all history should be put in video games heheheehe

What an interesting story Kongming's Prodigy, I bet your grandfather was happy.
Lulu
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Marc » Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:58 pm

Well, I played the Nanman Demo of Dynasty Warriors 3, and I thought it was pretty good. So I went out and bought DW3 the next week, along with Kingdom Hearts. Anyway, I thoroughly enjoyed it, so I did a quick Google search on 'Three Kingdoms' and came up with KMA. Joined the forums, found out that characters actually existed, got swift re-education from Jonathan Wu, and started reading the book. Never finished it, though. I couldn't remember who was who.
Roses are red, violets are blue,
Omae wa mo shindeiru
Marc
Robot In Disguise
Robot In Disguise

Unread postby Tyler » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:40 pm

video games like the rest of america.
Tyler
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Elitemsh » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:26 pm

Dynasty Warriors 2 got me into RTK. It was a great game at the time like not other I had played before. I realised that it was based on real life and I researched and read the book.
''I've never fought for anyone but myself. I've got no purpose in life. No ultimate goal. It's only when I'm cheating death on the battlefield. The only time I feel truly alive.'' ~Solid Snake
Elitemsh
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Pride of Xi Liang » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:23 pm

I played dynasty warriors 3 and loved it. Then I read some of the bio's on the game and was like "No one could come up with all this info on their own. So I resaerched it and fell in love the idea of honor, justice, and loyalty above all. For the most part Three Kingdoms made me the way I am now.
All's Fair In Love And War
Pride of Xi Liang
Student

Unread postby DynastyWarriors6 » Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:00 am

I was at the mall when I decided to play this random game (DW3). I loved the chaotic feeling and the hack and slash feel. I bought it as soon as I had the money and been happy with every ancient war game so far.
DynastyWarriors6
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:46 am

My little brother played DW3 at his friends house, the for his birthday, went down to get it, but bought DW4. A hardcore Tekken fan, I laughed, then played SSX and loved it ever since, even more than Tekken by now!!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby WanderingWarrior » Mon Oct 10, 2005 11:54 pm

I heard someone describe Dynasty Warriors 4 in class and the teacher said that was like the Boxer Rebellion. I checked it out and became hooked. Then I bought Three Kingdoms and read that, and I'm now looking for more books on it.
WanderingWarrior
Tyro

Unread postby Cal-i (kar-lai) » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:09 am

A friend introduced me to the history when the both of us we're studying Canadian history in elementary. Then we just moved onto the DW series for the broadening of our knowledge ^^
#BurnCo (6-2 cal-o s15) GO LEAFS GO!
"Just because I get some crazier moments than them, people think that I'm a standout player, but I mean, they're just as equal in any way that I am." -EG Stevenson
Cal-i (kar-lai)
Apprentice

Unread postby Jason » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:58 am

It all started when I got Dynasty Warriors 2, than 3. After that, I found the site.
“I always wonder why birds choose to stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on the earth, then I ask myself the same question.”

― Harun Yahya
Jason
Legendary

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads