What brought you into the ROTK world?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Well?

The novel itself
7%
The Dynasty Warriors series
51%
The Kessen series
2%
The ROTK game series
19%
The television series
1%
This forum
2%
I'm Chinese, so its my nation's history
8%
Any other way?
9%

Total votes : 243

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:19 pm

Zhou Gongjin wrote:You're not the one with more than 6000 posts in the Sanguo community :oops:
:lol: That's true. Between January and April this year I was coping with some personal problems, so I distanced myself from all RTK forums, and I didn't have regular internet access during the summer. That helped keeping my number of posts down.
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu
There's no better state than Wu

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:25 pm

Lady Wu wrote:
Zhou Gongjin wrote:You're not the one with more than 6000 posts in the Sanguo community :oops:
:lol: That's true. Between January and April this year I was coping with some personal problems, so I distanced myself from all RTK forums, and I didn't have regular internet access during the summer. That helped keeping my number of posts down.

I had 2100 posts on SOC from half September to the end of December. Scary.
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:30 pm

Zhou Gongjin wrote:I had 2100 posts on SOC from half September to the end of December. Scary.

And half of them consisted only of
Wu Zhening wrote:No.

But we're getting off track here...
"Whatever you do, don't fall off the bridge! It'll be a pain to try to get back up again." - Private, DW 8
Lady Wu

Unread postby Zhou Gongjin » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:34 pm

Lady Wu wrote:
Zhou Gongjin wrote:I had 2100 posts on SOC from half September to the end of December. Scary.

And half of them consisted only of
Wu Zhening wrote:No.

But we're getting off track here...

That hurt. :cry:
He who exercises government by means of his virtue may be compared to the north polar star, which keeps its place and all the stars turn towards it.
-孔夫子
Zhou Gongjin
鋼のチビ

Unread postby Lady Wu » Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:52 pm

Zhou Gongjin wrote:That hurt. :cry:
Awww... there there... *hands lil' nephew a cookie*
Lady Wu

Unread postby Chen Kun » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:30 am

I always interested in Chinese history and I found out about ROTK from comics. 8-)
I AM CHEN KUN OF SOC,WHO DARE TO CHALLENGE ME?
Chen Kun
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Polykleitos » Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:43 am

My brother harrassed me to play this Dynasty Warriors 2 demo he got. I finally gave in, and from the first moment I played as Lady Sun on Hu Lao Gate, I was hooked.
Semi-proud artist and co-writer of Heroes In Training
-formerly known as Beautiful Zhang He-
Polykleitos
Assistant

Unread postby Stefanos » Tue Oct 22, 2002 1:03 am

I had been oblivious to anything Chinese in my early years. And my parents always told me that oriental things were... I guess you could say, "wrong". Me? I first played RTK III, since I had always been incredibly addicted to anything that dealt with strategy. I play Chess(8 years of practice), Checkers(10 years of practice), and Chinese Checkers(2 years of practice) like a maniac, and I doubt anyone here could beat me(Id say about 6 months of playing time on Chess alone) at Chess. I played some Battleship for Sega then I bought RTK III because it was a war/strategy game. It took me about 3 months to get addicted because I didnt understand the game, then I took off like a rocket. I then bought RTK 4, then 6. I heard that DW2 was released and bought it. Then I bought DW3 and found out there was a book behind the games. I bought the book and have read it about 4 times over now. I then found out there were historical documents(SGZ) to back up the book, and have read almost everything that has been translated into English. I bought RTK VII and love it. I just recently went to "Splendid China" here in Florida and visited the "Temple of Zhuge Liang". That was very interesting.

Hopefully, the near future may contain a trip to China. In college I plan on studying Chinese History and mastering the language. I hope to be a college professor, teaching either history or the language after college.

I think that RTK III was the most influential thing to happen to me ever. To Koei I say, "Hats off to you!" :nods:
Stefanos
我的甜孩子

Unread postby DianWei » Tue Oct 22, 2002 4:38 am

it was the proverbial dw2 demo

i played some of the rotk games beforeasnd because i liked startegy but they had levels of depth that overwhelmed me, so i couldnt get into it until rotk Vii which helped me gradually get used to the responsibility...
Im in ur vanguard, vanquishin ur d00ds.
DianWei
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Maria » Tue Oct 22, 2002 8:58 am

Got it off from a manga, Ryuroden (Legend of the Dragon's Son). Then I got DW1, though I didn't really know anything much just yet. AFterwards I got DW2 & 3 and the novel. But everything starts off with that one particular manga (which is still on going)
Maria
Iron Duchess

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads