Meat Versus Meat (... versus Meat?)

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

What meat do you like best?

Red Meat
72%
White Meat
18%
Fish
10%

Total votes : 39

Unread postby Shi Tong » Fri May 04, 2007 2:45 pm

mmmmmmmmmmmmeat.

Love it- all types.

I did vote red meat though! I guess it's because there seems to be a bit more veriety and Fish needs to be cooked right.

The reason I like red meat is because you can have a bolognaise/ lasagne, or even a roast joint of beef, you can have a venison stew (mmmm) or bacon butties (butties is English for sandwich!), you can also have Lu Rou- a type of Taiwanese recepie using pork mince. Roast pork- sausages.

God my mouth is watering.

And though I do like white meat, the only thing that you can really get is chicken (that's not too expensive that is!) and there's plenty of chiken recepies, but not as easy to cook as a good steak.

Then there's Fish- I think it's my second choice actually, I like fish pies and fish cakes- I also like fish risotto.

I like vegetables as well though.

I guess I love food!
Shi Tong
Stupid Egg of Shen Zhou

Unread postby FuguNabe » Fri May 04, 2007 8:39 pm

Shi Tong wrote:....and Fish needs to be cooked right.

Well many types are just as fantastic raw I suppose if you like sashimi like I do. Hehe... It's chicken that's gotta be cooked right for relatively higher risk of salmonella, and when overcooked apart from having some taste it's like chewing cardboard IMO. Seafood FTW followed by red meat.
Cynicism in my lyricism? Life has been series of questions and sessions of lessons to enhance my essence...

Knowledge is god as despite my iaido skills my pen is is mightier than my sword...

With a tongue to match my wit your mental death swift...
FuguNabe
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: You'd find me at some karaoke drinking and singing with ladies on the weekend

Re: Meat Versus Meat (... versus Meat?)

Unread postby GuoBia » Tue May 24, 2011 8:08 pm

lol, I'm a vegetarian so I can't say much. XD but when I was little before my family was vegetarian, aside from offal, feet, blood, marrow, and the normal stuff, I would only eat dark meat.
Guo run! Guo run!!!!
GuoBia
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue May 24, 2011 10:08 pm

Red meat=steak=win.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Tue May 24, 2011 10:22 pm

Lamb=red meat

Lamb is a red meat and is low in Sodium. It is also a good source of Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and Manganese, and a very good source of Protein, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Niacin, Vitamin B12, Iron, Zinc, Copper and Selenium. It does have high levels of "bad" cholesterol as well though.

Outside of that, give me a succulent steak any day of the week. I can grill, bake, fry, sautee, or anything you like with it.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby memeo » Wed May 25, 2011 2:07 am

red meat = porkie? rules :lol:

I like fish also...
memeo
Assistant

Previous

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads