Pets - Whatcha Got?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Unread postby Ieyasu Xundari » Thu Sep 12, 2002 1:13 am

Got a fat, hungry, orange, loveable cat, A paranoid dog, A stupid dog with an obsession of tennis balls, and a hyper, skinny, black cat.

Wierd mix huh?
Ieyasu Xundari
Changshi

Location: Watching Anime with Liu Bei, Zhang Fei, and Guan Yu

Unread postby Zhao Yun of Changshan » Sun Sep 22, 2002 3:58 am

I use to have 5 pets -3 turtles, two small lobster like things- that all died one by one. :cry: If you go in my garden you'll notice 5 toothpick crosses. Everytime that one of them died it felt as if a part of my soul had been ripped out. I don't think that I ever accepted the fact that they were gone, it was just too sad to believe. :( It was so painful to lose someone I loved, that I decided that I was not going to get another pet..... ever.....
"None dare to engage the warrior at Dangyang....."
Zhao Yun of Changshan
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby The Leet Lu Xun » Sun Sep 22, 2002 5:14 am

i have a kitty he's 10 years old and the cutest thing ever ! he lets you do anything... i love my kitty :D his name is kramer my mom named him... when he eventually dies.... we're getting 2 cats and i already have a name which is Eikichi... i took the name from yu yu hakusho which was kuwabara's cat which you see in episode 5...hehe
~Hiei The Master Of The Jagan~
~Bow Down To My Katana You Weaklings~
The Leet Lu Xun
Apprentice

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:04 pm

I have a 15 year old cat, a 1.75 year old cat, a 6 month old kitten, two male betta fish, and many plants.
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Unread postby James » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:11 pm

Tianshan Tzu wrote:I have a 15 year old cat, a 1.75 year old cat, a 6 month old kitten, two male betta fish, and many plants.

How is your older cat doing? 15 is ancient in cat years. We had one that got up to nearly 18 years old; she was a sweet cat. It is amazing she lived for so long, although I don’t think her last year was a pleasant one.
Kongming’s Archives – Romance of the Three Kingdoms Novel, History and Games
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Tianshan Zi » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:16 pm

James wrote:How is your older cat doing? 15 is ancient in cat years. We had one that got up to nearly 18 years old; she was a sweet cat. It is amazing she lived for so long, although I don’t think her last year was a pleasant one.

She is doing well and is still quite active thanks to the Cosequin (spelling?) that helps keep her spine straight and her arthritis to a minimum. She still plays and loves attention, so I'd say she has a while left to live.
Tianshan Zi
Headless Thompson Gunner

Unread postby James » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:42 pm

Tianshan Tzu wrote:She is doing well and is still quite active thanks to the Cosequin (spelling?) that helps keep her spine straight and her arthritis to a minimum. She still plays and loves attention, so I'd say she has a while left to live.

Ah, glad to hear it. Our old cat, Puss, was already going downhill and fast at the age of 15. She was a sweet and loving cat to the end though. :)
I am quite certain that Cosequin is correct, but it isn’t in my dictionary.
“ They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.”
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

Unread postby Sam » Fri Dec 20, 2002 7:55 pm

I have three cats; The eldest is 13 and is called cotton, the second is 4-5 and gets called all sorta things :lol: and the third is about 3 and is called Felix. Felix tends to think he's really sligh and stealthy and is always trying to steal food from the table, and he also thinks we can't see him, and when we do give him food, he quickly grabs it with his claw and runs away.
I have two dogs. One being a male stafidsure bull terrier named Spike, and is around 5, and the second being a female boxer named Jess, and is around 3.
And finally, I have a snake named Cid.
Otherwise known as Wang Ping (Zijun)
Sam
Sweeper of Invaders

Unread postby Rhiannon » Fri Dec 20, 2002 8:56 pm

Well, if you don't count all of the animals I take care of in my backyard (a cat, a rabbit, and countless birds)...

I have a 3 year old cat named Sorsha. Who is, like all cats, both a sweetheart and a brat. :lol:

Two more pictures:

http://www.web.ms11.net/lunazephyr/ClanPhotos/sorsha2.jpg
http://www.web.ms11.net/lunazephyr/ClanPhotos/sorshmess2.jpg
"For us to have self-esteem is truly an act of revolution and our revolution is long overdue."
— Margaret Cho
Rhiannon
Joy & Oblivion
Joy & Oblivion

Unread postby James » Fri Dec 20, 2002 11:12 pm

Wild-Eyes wrote:Image

Is that red-eye, or are your cat’s eyes normally the color of blood? :shock:
That aside, looks like a fun cat. :)
  — Ben Franklin
James
Sausaged Fish
Sausaged Fish

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads