Pets - Whatcha Got?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Pets - Whatcha Got?

Unread postby Mitsunari » Fri Jun 14, 2013 5:22 pm

Sadly, I lost my beloved Taz earlier this year; she was almost 16, bless her.

Strong as an Ox right until her last day, when her liver gave in and I had her put to sleep. Her ashes are in my back living room now, with a little pictorial memorial next to it.
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:48 pm

So sorry mate :(.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:40 am

Thanks Finny, it tore me in two initially but I know she's better off now. Her mind wasn't all it once was either you see and for the last two years of her life she was prone to confusion and got stressed very easily. She was a tower of strength though, she held out like a trooper till it was her time to go.

I doubt very much I'll get as close to another dog as I did with Taz, it's not possible.
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Shu Ryorin » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:49 am

I'm very sorry to hear about Taz, Mitsunari. How are you holding up?
"Only dummies call people dummy, dummy!"
-some fairy in "Breath of Fire III"

Grad school is hard, you guys.
Shu Ryorin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Location: Canada, wandering the less-frozen-than-Alaska-but-still-cold wastes of grad school

Unread postby Mitsunari » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:52 am

Shu Ryorin wrote:I'm very sorry to hear about Taz, Mitsunari. How are you holding up?

I'm very much all grieved-out for Taz, thank you Shu.

I still miss her, always will.
Mitsunari

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:20 am

That's sad :C I'm sorry for your loss, Mitsunari...

But I can relate...
A week ago, the neighbors guard dog, Max (big doberman-boxer bread) died too...
They had to put him to sleep, because he broke his whole back in a car crash...

I really liked him and it feels so sad walking along the gate where I used to bring him some food before dusk...
I really miss him very much... Even if it wasn't my own dog...
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:06 am

MhiHayoli wrote:That's sad :C I'm sorry for your loss, Mitsunari...

But I can relate...
A week ago, the neighbors guard dog, Max (big doberman-boxer bread) died too...
They had to put him to sleep, because he broke his whole back in a car crash...

I really liked him and it feels so sad walking along the gate where I used to bring him some food before dusk...
I really miss him very much... Even if it wasn't my own dog...

Thank you, MhiHayoli.

Poor, poor dog, that's terrible...it's very strange isn't it, that mournfully intense sorrow we have when we lose a dog we're emotionally attached to? It differs greatly from the grieving process of losing a relative or friend...

Remember Max in better times, that's how they all want to be remembered.
Mitsunari

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:51 pm

Mitsunari wrote:Thank you, MhiHayoli.

Poor, poor dog, that's terrible...it's very strange isn't it, that mournfully intense sorrow we have when we lose a dog we're emotionally attached to? It differs greatly from the grieving process of losing a relative or friend...

Remember Max in better times, that's how they all want to be remembered.

Yeah, I wish that he may find peace and watch over the people even in death...
It's still sad thinking back on it, but I carry on.

It is true, though. When my grandpa died, I really felt sad and angry (because of the way he had to die) for several month. The same was with Max. It wasn't as long, but in some way intense... I think it's because we really cherish every moment with our precious pets and they are in some way even closer than friends or family sometimes.
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Mon May 12, 2014 3:32 pm

It's been awhile...figured I'd update.

About 6 years ago, when I moved into a new apartment, I had to give away all of my exotic pets because of policies and things at the complex about what kind of pets you could keep. I probably could have kept some of my spiders, etc but wanted to reduce any possible issues as much as I could, given I really needed to find somewhere to live, and quickly.

I kept my dog and cat, however, a Miniature Pinscher named Danny and a Maine Coon named Jericho. I had to get rid of my English Bulldog Bruford because he weighed too much (no dogs over 50 lbs were allowed). It sucked, but I gave him to a local bulldog rescue group for placement. I've managed to keep tabs on him over the years, and amazingly for an English bully he's still alive as of March of this year, and is 10 years old.

Cut to the present day, living in a different apartment complex with my girlfriend and her son, and I still have Danny and Jericho. Danny will be 9 this year and Jericho will be 12. I've also managed to talk my girlfriend into allowing me to have (a few) some of my more unusual pets again.

So, I have four tarantulas - a Rosehair (Grammostola rosea), a Mexican Red Knee (Brachypelma smithi), a Honduran Curlyhair (Brachypelma albopilosum) and a Bolivian Steely-Blue (Pamphobetuous antinous). All are captive bred, as indeed the majority of Ts for sale now are. I am looking forward to the Steely-Blue getting bigger...hopefully it is a girl. The last female of those I had was very big, very black but also very well-behaved.
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Aaron.K » Mon May 12, 2014 10:27 pm

I used to have an Irish Wolfhound. Had him for about 13 years before he passed away last August. Just recently, I adopted a German Shepherd/Greyhound mix named Duke. I'm having a lot of fun with him, although he doesn't seem to get along with my cat Tyson.

Probably has to do with Duke still being a puppy basically (he's only a year old), and Tyson is going on 9 years now. I'd like to get a second dog, but I know Tyson would not be happy with that. I'll probably wait until he passes on before getting a second dog (probably another Shepherd, because I love them too much).
"Why have you come to Jotunheim all alone?"
Aaron.K
Master

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads