Pets - Whatcha Got?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: Pets - Whatcha Got?

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Mon May 12, 2014 11:10 pm

Aaron.K wrote:I used to have an Irish Wolfhound. Had him for about 13 years before he passed away last August. Just recently, I adopted a German Shepherd/Greyhound mix named Duke. I'm having a lot of fun with him, although he doesn't seem to get along with my cat Tyson.

Probably has to do with Duke still being a puppy basically (he's only a year old), and Tyson is going on 9 years now. I'd like to get a second dog, but I know Tyson would not be happy with that. I'll probably wait until he passes on before getting a second dog (probably another Shepherd, because I love them too much).

That's pretty old for a giant breed (the Irish wolfhound).
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Aaron.K » Mon May 12, 2014 11:15 pm

Liu Yuante wrote:
Aaron.K wrote:I used to have an Irish Wolfhound. Had him for about 13 years before he passed away last August. Just recently, I adopted a German Shepherd/Greyhound mix named Duke. I'm having a lot of fun with him, although he doesn't seem to get along with my cat Tyson.

Probably has to do with Duke still being a puppy basically (he's only a year old), and Tyson is going on 9 years now. I'd like to get a second dog, but I know Tyson would not be happy with that. I'll probably wait until he passes on before getting a second dog (probably another Shepherd, because I love them too much).

That's pretty old for a giant breed (the Irish wolfhound).

He wasn't a pure-bred. He was mixed with German Wirehaired Pointer, but he was still just as big as a Wolfhound and looked exactly like one. My vet said that's one of the reasons why he was as healthy as he was.
"Why have you come to Jotunheim all alone?"
Aaron.K
Master

Unread postby Kong Wen » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:48 pm

We have a purebred Dobermann Pinscher named Berlin. She's a year and a half old, black & tan, and weighs just over 50 lbs. She's a lady. :)
"We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back."
— Roland Deschain, Wolves of the Calla
Kong Wen
The Bronze Age of SoSZ
The Bronze Age of SoSZ

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:37 am

We have a pure breed fawn American Boxer named Chesed. She'll be 3 years old this December. My daughter has a maltese-shih tzu mixed breed named Simchah.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:09 am

When I leave in my own house I'm gonna get a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog. They are just adorable!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby DragonAtma » Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:22 am

I have three adorable cats: Anastasia, Polgar, and Josephine. Ana and Josie are eight years old, while Polgar is seven.

Old, old pics of Ana & Polgar

And for those who clicked through, yes, Ana's tail has been kinked like that since birth; don';t worry, she doesn't mind at all.
Unless I specifically say otherwise, assume I am talking about historical Three Kingdoms, and not the novel.
DragonAtma
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby FoxWithWings » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:55 am

Just one cat, Tom, who used to belong to my grandfather. We took him in after he was left on his own after my grandparents passed. He's a quirky creature.
"There's no one I'd rather be, than me" -Ralph
FoxWithWings
Master

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:54 am

My girlfriend and I have two cats, Holly and Todd. Last year another one of ours, Lu (short for Lucius), passed from diabetes.

He was a ragdoll cat, which made it a hassle when you had to move him, but hilarious at other times. I wasn't really a cat person until I lived with Beth, but now I really love them. Once we move out of our current house, she wants to get a dog of some type, though.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Fri May 08, 2015 6:52 am

uno cat and uno dog
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby rsetiawan » Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:49 am

a local cat named rocket... I called him 'ket/cat' which sound more or less the same :lol:
rsetiawan
Initiate

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads