How was your day?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: How was your day?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 23, 2019 12:43 pm

Thanks guys :D.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:57 pm

Pretty good considering I'm officially an old man now (turned 40 today). A week ago I had the privilege of performing the marriage ceremony for my best bud and his now-wife, they took me out last night for my birthday and today showed up this morning with a sweet corner computer desk to replace my old piece of junk. Winding down the day with a few beers and wading through old SoSZ threads.

Anyone else ever do that, just wade through old posts? Like, stuff you literally posted 15 years ago? I've been on a number of forums (I started to type webforum, you know, to distinguish between the web and a BBS or Gopher or something...did I mention I'm old now?) but this is the only one I ever do that on. I only come by once or twice a year but SoSZ is/was definitely the ne plus ultra of internet forums.
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:53 am

40 is the new 30. Sounds like a fantastic week and glad you got a new computer

I do sometimes (and also sometimes checking to see which ones can be deleted). Some embarrassing posts from me but was some great debates and intresting to see how views evolved, how our understanding has grown as a community. Only on this forum and simrtk though

Your always welcome here for a browse
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:33 am

As Dong said, sounds like a great week!

Yeah, when this place is quiet and I'm bored I frequently browse old threads - occasionally looking for something to kick start but mainly just to reminisce.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Liu Yuante » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:16 am

Sun Fin wrote:As Dong said, sounds like a great week!

Yeah, when this place is quiet and I'm bored I frequently browse old threads - occasionally looking for something to kick start but mainly just to reminisce.

There's some cool stuff buried in the depths, that's for sure.
Liu Yuante
绯红王

Previous

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads