How was your day?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: How was your day?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:18 am

I've had a topsy-turvy 48 hours. Received an email from a Christian charity inquiring if I might be interested in a job. Regardless of whether I'm interested it's nice to be wanted. Then went in to a dental surgery to have a tooth removed under general anesthetic. I'm feeling all over the place! :lol:
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:15 pm

I've just heard that I've got through my vicar interview and I'm free to start training in September! :D :D :D
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:18 am

Sun Fin wrote:I've just heard that I've got through my vicar interview and I'm free to start training in September! :D :D :D

All right! Congratulations Sun Fin.

Three cheers for our new Vicar!

I'll drink to your honor tonight. Well done!
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:56 am

Bush Leagues wrote:All right! Congratulations Sun Fin.

Three cheers for our new Vicar!

I'll drink to your honor tonight. Well done!

Thanks buddy!I'm chuffed! I had a celebratory rum and coke last night! :lol:
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:11 pm

I'm absolutely shattered after organising and leading a Christian conference this weekend, hence why I've not been around the last few days!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:38 pm

Sun Fin wrote:I'm absolutely shattered after organising and leading a Christian conference this weekend, hence why I've not been around the last few days!

"Shattered"? I assume you mean extremely tired. You Brits... :D

Today is fine, but tomorrow I'm going with my wife and a great deal of her family to the wake for her nanny (my mother-in-law's sister), who died in an accident a few days ago. That day was rough, moreso on my wife and her family than me - I was at work when it happened, so I had stuff to do and focus on anyway. But we'll be doing that tomorrow.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:45 am

Ah mate, that's awful! Sorry to hear about the accident! I hope the Wake goes as well as it can in the circumstances.

Yeah 'shattered' is British slang for very tired :lol:
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:37 pm

After six years my wife finally bullies me into getting my eyes tested. I've not done so since I left full time education (university) as back then eye tests were free!

It turns out my left eye has rather poor vision, I couldn't even read the top line with that one whilst my right eye was still almost perfect. The end result is that I'm now wearing glasses. Taking some time to get used to! :lol:
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:55 am

Had a big decision for myself recently. The place I've worked for 9 years is closing. I started there after uni as I struggled to decide if I wanted to go into museum work or teach but needed to clear my overdraft in the meantime. It soon became apparent that the condition i had displayed symptoms of since the first day I took my period was worsening so that I had a daily heavy period and thus daily cramps, D-splash, vomiting and collapsing and well just a hard time. I was advised by multiple doctors to NOT work but I convinced my GP to allow me part time shifts just to stay sane. So the kind people there allowed me to control what I needed. However the building is closing so now have had to consider other options. I'm going to be working from home now and while financially its much better, as my pain clinic psychologist says, its means I will take a hit on getting out to see people. So have to also consider new things to handle my time and I'm really interested in swimming again. I'm not going to be able to exercise like I did in uni but she advised even standing and wading through the water should help me. Just have to remember not to overdo it because i love swimming and sometimes its a chore remember to limit myself when I get excited.

New adventures I guess!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jan 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Absolutely!

I'm sad to hear that building is shutting SunXia! It sounds like the people there have been really good to you over the years! Hopefully it will help you to meet new people in the long run, I'm sure you'll throw yourself in to what ever situation you find yourself in! And needless to say the members of sausage are always here for you!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads