How was your day?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: How was your day?

Unread postby Aygor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:11 pm

SunXia wrote:So mum had surgery today for Breast Cancer that she was diagnosed with before just Christmas. It's been a difficult few weeks and to be honest Christmas sucked as I was in bed with a stomach bug the entire time for a week so wasn't able to properly help mum. Just back from hospital now, her wounds kept opening in the Recovery ward. Wrecked.

Wasn't helped by the continual bigoted drumming at the other side of my street. Been trying to have mother rest this Christmas and they still incessantly bang those bigoted drums for hours. Causing my mothers health to suffer.

I am very sorry to hear that Xia, I hope that everything will turn for the best for your mother!!
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby SunXia » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:53 am

Mother is still in hospital, it took them days to stop the bleeding and so her blood pressure is awful!! So tired of stressing I got sick on thursday friday!! Still been up there everyday!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Boydie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:17 pm

Sorry to hear this SX. Cancer has plagued my family for a number of years now, such a evil thing. hope everything turns out ok in the end.
Boydie
Academic

Unread postby Aygor » Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:13 pm

I was returning home by bike on this sweet cycling lane on the riverside only to notice a red plastic tape blocking the way.
Annoyed by these silly fat thursday jokes I lowered myself to move on.
In a few meters I stopped in front of a policeman, on my left there was a corpse.
Way to go Aygor, way to go.
分久必合,合久必分
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby mendedties » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:45 am

Aygor wrote:I was returning home by bike on this sweet cycling lane on the riverside only to notice a red plastic tape blocking the way.
Annoyed by these silly fat thursday jokes I lowered myself to move on.
In a few meters I stopped in front of a policeman, on my left there was a corpse.
Way to go Aygor, way to go.

Oh gosh... Please forgive me for laughing, I feel terrible about it. :oops:

Did the policeman say anything to you?
“I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation." -- C.S. Lewis
mendedties
Assistant

Unread postby Aygor » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:39 am

mendedties wrote:Oh gosh... Please forgive me for laughing, I feel terrible about it. :oops:
Did the policeman say anything to you?

No need to feel bad :wink: I purposely highlighted my cluelesness rather than the grimness of the situation.
He simply stopped talking with a colleague and looked at me, I realized the situation and bolted out of the cycling lane into the street on my right.
分久必合,合久必分
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby MhiHayoli » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:55 pm

My day was rather enjoyable. I hate cream cake with lots and lots of fruits today.
I also helped my neighbor getting her little puppy out of the open drain on the street. The poor thing fell in when the farmers opened it to flush the water from cleaning their milkers barrels. (or what they are called)

The puppy is alright, but I bet the little guy won't play near the drain anymore X3
"I do not speak to change minds. I do not trust in the sweetening lies you speak with false dignity. I care nothing for your worldly treasures and pity you all for you need them to feel value in life."
-LordBloodySoul-
MhiHayoli
Assistant

Location: I am now traveling with Lord Lu Bu, Tao and Umi Mari in search for a new home base.

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:34 pm

I'm collapsed, trying not to move too much after my body is feeling the strain of 8 hours of football.
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:36 am

I've come to a fairly significant juncture in my life. Today I'm moving out of Lampeter, the town I studied and spent a year as a Christian student worker in. Wow. I can't quite believe I'm finally leaving after 4 years!
Interested in the history behind the novel? Find a list of english language Three Kingdom sources here.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby mendedties » Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:07 am

Today saw further frustration in my attempts to make it into the Dynasty Warriors 3 Hall of Fame (if it existed).

For the past week I have been trying to get He Jin 1000 kills on the Yellow Turban Rebellion. Today I only topped 400. My best so far is about 750.

Why won't he just heal himself some more?? :cry:
“I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation." -- C.S. Lewis
mendedties
Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads