How was your day?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: How was your day?

Unread postby SunXia » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:36 am

Been a god awful week, my mums wounds from surgery, back in January have reopened and become infected more than likely because of her intense Radiotherapy sessions!!

Last week, my left lower eyelid started fluttering annoyingly, wasn't anything bad but on Friday eye was red and watering and swollen all day!! Looked like Pink Eye, Conjunctivitis so started taking eye drops to clean it out!! Didn't let it hold me back and still went to a boat race for cancer at the weekend and had a blast but the infection appeared to be spreading down my face!!

Got a cancellation appointment to my docs on Tuesday and mum made me go so I went, prepared to feel like I was wasting my doctors time and was saying "Its just an eye infection and I know you can't do much" WELL he didn't even need to examine me to say I have Bell's Palsy and the worrying kind due to not a lazy face, actually paralysis all down my left hand side of my face!! And my eye was because it couldn't close right so it was drying out!!

Now I'm on strong steroids, a lot of them every morning and have an emergency referral to the hospital!! so there, again, I am off work as my eyes are aching, one from strain and the other from swollen itchiness and dryness!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby -zhoutai- » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:27 am

Hope you and your mother get well soon. Its during our bad weeks that we earn our good weeks.
-zhoutai-
Apprentice

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:13 pm

Aw Sun Xia, you just can't catch a break right now can you :(.

At risk of sounding like I'm rubbing Sun_Xia's nose in it I've had a wonderful week. I've spent the extended weekend with my girlfriend culminating in seeing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory at the west end with my sister and her fiance (who also proposed last week) yesterday. Feeling a little low today as she's going back to her 3rd year of university and its about a 3 and 1/2 hour journey away which isn't ideal.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby -zhoutai- » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Sun Fin wrote:At risk of sounding like I'm rubbing Sun_Xia's nose in it I've had a wonderful week.

Exactly the reason I didn't mention my weekend was spent exploring Barcelona ! Glad you had an eventful bank holiday weekend, when you fill it up it doesnt feel as short.
-zhoutai-
Apprentice

Unread postby Aygor » Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Finally had my graduation ceremony yesterday, followed by the traditional papyrus.
This custom, typical of the Venices, consists of humiliating the graduated student by dressing him up as whatever his friends see fit while he heavily drinks and loudly reads a paper (prepared by friends beforehand) recalling all of those wonderfully embarassing moments he really wouldn't want to be made public, the reading is often accompanied by a severe beating and the throwing of eggs et similia at him. That of course happens in front of his aquaintances and relatives. This paper (the papyrus itself) is then hung so that whoever passes may read it.
10/10 would do that again.
分久必合,合久必分
Ἀτύφως μὲν λαβεῖν, εὐλύτως δὲ ἀφεῖναι
Aygor
Langzhong

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:07 pm

I had a hectic weekend as I met my girlfriends extended family (uncles, aunts, cousins and the cousins' respective wife fiancée and boyfriend). I got home yesterday evening shattered but happy and then started a new job this morning. Still shattered and still very happy! :)
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shozuhn » Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:48 am

Tomorrow we play the 14th ranked team in the country, Cal. I'm a little nervous, more so then I've ever been the night before a game. I'mma try and relax with a movie.
Shozuhn
Initiate

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:33 am

Good luck Shozuhn!

I got my first ever pay slip yesterday, I'm very excited!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby SunXia » Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:26 am

My best friend's nephew was born prematurely over a month ago, about two months. The midwife did not notice that the baby wasn't growing properly and when the mother was repeatedly saying something was wrong the mid-wife brushed her off. After four weeks she got rushed to hospital where they found that the baby was too small for its age and tried to compensate but it was too late so he was born very small and very weak. Its paternal Grandmother is a high grade nurse and noticed he was ill last week and this week and the nurses in the place and doctors did nothing until he became worse and passed away on Thursday evening.

Had my friend here yesterday we were supposed to see John Bishop in Sunday but my brother is going to buy the tickets from us. I didn't think I had tears left then, watched the Voyager episode "Real Life" where the Doctor's holographic daughter died and couldn't stop crying and woke up this morning with a very damp uncomfortable pillow.

Course I got woken up by the Bigots and their drums who think they should be allowed to march passed Catholics and celebrate those who murdered Catholics as heroes!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:40 pm

One of the depressing things about that is the feeling how little has changed in nearly 30 years. Dreadfully sorry for you and your family Sun Xia
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads