How was your day?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: How was your day?

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:36 am

Mitsunari wrote:
"A strong marriage is oft filled with childish bickering" :wink:

Sure sounds like my marriage is on the right track then. :lol:
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Mitsunari » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:55 am

Bush Leagues wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:
"A strong marriage is oft filled with childish bickering" :wink:

Sure sounds like my marriage is on the right track then. :lol:

Ah, a fellow hen-pecked brother; how I share your sorrows. :lol:
''Even through the darkest of days, this fire burns, always...''
Mitsunari
Akaoni of the Red Fire Unit

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:26 am

:lol:

We certainly do childish very well at times!
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:18 am

Had a wisdom tooth extracted yesterday, and the wound is somewhat intolerably bruised and sore...

Wifey is giving me a wide berth, since I'm like a Grizzly Bear with crankiness off the scale... :mrgreen:
Mitsunari

Location: Facing the hoardes of Darkness, with a sword in my hand and a fire in my heart...

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:46 am

Mitsunari wrote:Had a wisdom tooth extracted yesterday, and the wound is somewhat intolerably bruised and sore...

Wifey is giving me a wide berth, since I'm like a Grizzly Bear with crankiness off the scale... :mrgreen:

Tooth pain is the worst kind of pain!

How is it feeling now buddy?
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:47 pm

Sun Fin wrote:
Mitsunari wrote:Had a wisdom tooth extracted yesterday, and the wound is somewhat intolerably bruised and sore...

Tooth pain is the worst kind of pain!

How is it feeling now buddy?

Thing is, it wasn't actually hurting that much, it was chipped and cracked and everything...it's been quite throbby since it was yanked out, but the aching is wearing off, thanks. :D

Oh and by the way, never have a root canal...it's much less pain to have it pulled out. Plus, the girlish squealing doesn't do much for one's masculinity around those pretty dental assistants. :mrgreen:
Mitsunari

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:46 pm

I'm scared of phone calls and receptionists on phones are what I have nightmares about. Whilst I was at uni I had severe tooth ace but rather than book an appointment I tried to medicate with painkillers until I went home 4 weeks later. Needless to say within 2 weeks the painkillers had stopped working and I was in agony. The infection got so bad the tooth had to be removed. Not my wisest moment!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Mitsunari » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:06 am

Sun Fin wrote:I'm scared of phone calls and receptionists on phones are what I have nightmares about. Whilst I was at uni I had severe tooth ace but rather than book an appointment I tried to medicate with painkillers until I went home 4 weeks later. Needless to say within 2 weeks the painkillers had stopped working and I was in agony. The infection got so bad the tooth had to be removed. Not my wisest moment!

You have nightmares about receptionists? :lol: Saying that, some of them are like Ye Olde school mistresses.

I've been gnashing my teeth like a disgruntled 3K era scholar recently, so methinks I'm due a trip back... :mrgreen:
Mitsunari

Unread postby SunXia » Thu May 05, 2016 7:30 pm

I can totally understand that fear, as a teen I couldn't walk into a shop and as for something without panicking. I hate to this day having to call my doctors because I literally hear judgement in their voices as unfortunately I need powerful medication. Man I hate calling into work sick I would rather just work because I hate that phonecall.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Hyper90 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:57 am

Got exploded from gf yesterday. Though I held back not to cause another big fight, but my life is crumbling down around me. The past few months I had a walk depression symptom, my weight lost is getting obvious, money goes short, rent is about to go up. My job is practically a 50/50 happiness and frustration, which means I have 2 Heads of Department to report to. The pay is a ok one, but not pretty approved by my girl. Property values are on the rise, so getting my own home is another problem, and the girlfriend is only a marriage rush; no house = no marriage. Good.... we've been together for years now and the only thing that tears us up is money. Practically both of our lives has a been an unhappy routine daily. Getting a new job isn't that easy, but it's only a matter of time.

I had to get this off my chest or otherwise I'm gonna end up on "suicidal idiot" news. Why should I post this here because this is where people I know are unlikely to find out.
"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die. " Sima Yi

take a look please
Hyper90
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads