How was your day?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: How was your day?

Unread postby SunXia » Mon Dec 15, 2014 7:50 pm

Was ab it fed u today as was waiting around for ours for thoughtless friend who couldn't be bothered to lt me know he couldn't maintain our plans.

But found this utterly cute article and video about triplet panda cubs and it made me smile!!
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Boydie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:33 am

My friend had a good old fashioned house party for his 21st. Ah... That brings back some great (and bad) memories from my teenage years. :lol:
Boydie
Academic

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:15 pm

My girlfriend went home this morning to feeling pretty low. I guess being in a long distance relationship is pretty tough.
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:31 pm

Sun Fin wrote:My girlfriend went home this morning to feeling pretty low. I guess being in a long distance relationship is pretty tough.

That is rough. My girlfriend and I live together, and only see each other for a few hours each day, and it's hard on us. Being away from each other like that must be terrible. All my sympathies, brother. :(
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Pan Feng can destroy this Hua Xiong! A Han Fu ROTK IX After-Action Report.
One of the best posts ever about Pan Feng.
Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Tue Mar 24, 2015 9:33 am

Bush Leagues wrote:
That is rough. My girlfriend and I live together, and only see each other for a few hours each day, and it's hard on us. Being away from each other like that must be terrible. All my sympathies, brother. :(

Thanks for the sentiment bud :)
“I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear.” ― Nelson Mandela
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Shozuhn » Wed May 27, 2015 4:10 pm

I flew home to Alabama this past weekend. And my Mom had bought me tickets to go see Rush in Atlanta last night. It was AWESOME!! New favorite band is now 100% confirmed. :mrgreen:
Shozuhn
Initiate

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu May 28, 2015 6:37 pm

I've had the last stage of vicar interviews over the last 48 hours. I now find out in 8 days time whether I'm going to be accepted for training or not! It's been an intense couple of days :lol:
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Fri May 29, 2015 3:31 am

Sun Fin wrote:I've had the last stage of vicar interviews over the last 48 hours. I now find out in 8 days time whether I'm going to be accepted for training or not! It's been an intense couple of days

I seem to be missing context or something. What's going on here, Sun?

Today I had some Seafood Connection (a restaurant) with my girlfriend and her mother, and we all enjoyed a few hours on the couch together while watching Wheel of Fortune and 500 Questions.

It's been a while since we all just sat and watched stuff together. It was good to just relax with them, and I got to lay on Beth's shoulder for a bit. A nice day before I headed to work.
Currently playing: Android: Netrunner LCG , Shadowrun (tabletop), and Warhammer Ancient Battle.

Bush Leagues
Scholar

Unread postby Sun Fin » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:39 am

Bush Leagues wrote:
Sun Fin wrote:I've had the last stage of vicar interviews over the last 48 hours. I now find out in 8 days time whether I'm going to be accepted for training or not! It's been an intense couple of days

I seem to be missing context or something. What's going on here, Sun?

For the last two years I've been in the interview process about being a vicar. That's an ordained minister in the Anglican Church (Church of England). Anyway the last stage is an intense 48 hours known as a Bishops Advisory Panel where you have to do various things as well as face a series of interviews after which a final decision is made. I find out the result Friday!
Sun Fin
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Bush Leagues » Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:57 am

Sun Fin wrote:For the last two years I've been in the interview process about being a vicar. That's an ordained minister in the Anglican Church (Church of England). Anyway the last stage is an intense 48 hours known as a Bishops Advisory Panel where you have to do various things as well as face a series of interviews after which a final decision is made. I find out the result Friday!

Oh, very nice! Congratulations. I wish you all the best then.

That sort of dedication is very impressive. I hope you get in, brother. :D

Bush Leagues
Scholar

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads