How was your day?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: How was your day?

Unread postby neocz » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:45 am

Dong Zhou wrote:Since I tend to only post this when things are wrong, now to do one when things are right. Gars got infected last but infection healed and my ears nearly fully cleared, just one minor mopping up with ear drops for one ear and should having hearing 100% back, nice to have end in sight after a month or so. Been a good week really, played some DW, doing Yuan Shao analysis and enjoying it

Its very important to be very careful with our basic senses. I been suffering before almost loosing eyesight because of accident, and i feel like dying human being because of black anywhere. Glad that technology cure my sight now its normal sight now.
neocz
Tyro

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:46 pm

I broke my foot.

The same bone on the same foot that I broke a few years ago.

Knowing what’s ahead (from the prior break) is both comforting and irritating. The lack of the unknown factor is nice but I almost wish I was ignorant about the healing process again so I’d be hopeful for a “quick fix”.

Out of commission for at least 8 weeks, if not 12. I’ll still go to work but it’s going to be hard because my job requires me to walk a lot. (I work at hospital.)

Also my current insurance plan is transitionary, meaning the coverage is thinner than my foot’s apparent bone density. So that’s going to be fun forfeiting my next few paychecks (to the very hospital I work at, ironically).
Jia Nanfeng
Sage

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:57 pm

They do not sound like generous employers. Sorry about your foot and the complications+slow healing you have ahead, I just hope it won't be too bad for you in the months ahead
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby SunXia » Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:20 pm

Jia Nanfeng wrote:Also my current insurance plan is transitionary, meaning the coverage is thinner than my foot’s apparent bone density. So that’s going to be fun forfeiting my next few paychecks (to the very hospital I work at, ironically).
I hope you a speedy recovery. And I hope that your country implements better health process. I mean the NHS isn't perfect but do not have to worry about these things.....yet at least.
If becoming enlightened or an intellectual means I must become arrogant and coldly cynical about the world around me then I'd gladly remain a fool for the rest of my life!!

I'm Out4Marriage!!!Are You??

It is a CHOICE!!
SunXia
Warrior Princess
Warrior Princess

Location: Keeping Evils from this world at bay...with a smile!!

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:27 pm

Jia Nanfeng wrote:I broke my foot.

The same bone on the same foot that I broke a few years ago.

Knowing what’s ahead (from the prior break) is both comforting and irritating. The lack of the unknown factor is nice but I almost wish I was ignorant about the healing process again so I’d be hopeful for a “quick fix”.

Out of commission for at least 8 weeks, if not 12. I’ll still go to work but it’s going to be hard because my job requires me to walk a lot. (I work at hospital.)

Also my current insurance plan is transitionary, meaning the coverage is thinner than my foot’s apparent bone density. So that’s going to be fun forfeiting my next few paychecks (to the very hospital I work at, ironically).

That sucks Jia :(.

I hope the recovery process is going alright! Both my wife and I have been ill over the last week and as I sat in our local doctors surgery this morning I was reflecting how fortunate we are to have a national health service as neither our jobs are particularly well paid - both are occupations of passion rather than material incentives! :lol:
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:10 pm

Thanks for the well wishes all.

I’ve been on the phone for about 10 hours over the past couple days, trying to get as much financial aid as possible. If all goes to plan, I’ll only be hit with about 25% of the bill instead of the entire thing. Which, of course, is still probably leagues above what you all have to pay (or not pay, as it is).

The fact that medical prices have become so political here is truly disgusting. And sadly I don’t think there’s any politician who has any idea how to fix our mess. Even Obamacare, which was supposed to save us all money, ended up raising my premiums about double, over its course.

Maybe I’ll just show up unannounced to Sun Fin’s house and go to his doctor. 8-)
Jia Nanfeng
Sage

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sat Apr 13, 2019 8:15 am

You'd be very welcome... the NHS loves claiming its expenditure back from American insurance companies - pays for us Brits being ill! :D :lol:

The issue has become so toxic for you guys that I agree with your diagnose. A very good scaremongering/propaganda/lying campaign has taken place too. Some of what I've heard American's say about our NHS has left me with no course of action other than laughter, just so far from the truth.
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed May 22, 2019 10:10 am

Got all my essays in for the year! I beat the deadline by about 30 mins. I'm taking a breather to recuperate today before revision begins tomorrow! :lol:
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Wed May 22, 2019 5:40 pm

Congrats on finishing your essays. Enjoy your day off. 8-)
Jia Nanfeng
Sage

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu May 23, 2019 11:04 am

Glad you got the essays in by the deadline, hope the results are as you hope for and best luck with revision.
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads