How was your day?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: How was your day?

Unread postby Sun Fin » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:07 am

I had the follow up dental surgery yesterday so having a very lazy day today... Might watch The Lost Bladesman later!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Sun Fin » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:22 am

After nearly 2 years today is my last day of my job! I've loved my colleagues but I couldn't be happier to be leaving the work behind! :D In September I'm going to train to be a vicar but in the meantime I'm got a summer of teaching myself Ancient Greek, story writing and completing all those things on my to do list, for example like reviewing WWD's story, improving Gongsun Zan's biography and compiling my 3K Library!
Have a question about a book or academic article before you buy it? Maybe I have it!
Check out my library here for a list of Chinese history resources I have on hand!
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:10 am

Not been a great time for me. Been struggling with hearing problems and while a lot better after treatment, also reached point where "done all I can" which feels like a story of recent medical treatment for me.

Also left a major part of my life behind so feels sad end of era and while right to pull out and makes changes, it hurts though is getting better day by day. There are people I am going to miss terribly from that part of life and sense of achievement that is going. My time I can fill easily but some aspects will leave a hole for awhile and regret
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Location: "Now we must die. May Your Majesty maintain yourself"

Unread postby Sun Fin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:17 am

Sorry to hear all that Dong :(. Change is often hard at first but hopefully you'll be able to find new ways to find fulfillment soon. In the meantime SoSZ is always here for you!

I've got an Ancient Greek exam Friday and then an Ancient Hebrew one Monday so I'm trying to get to grips with both languages - hence why I'm posting, I'm a professional level procrastinator after all...
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:48 pm

Thanks. I usually adjust quickly, just has a more personal aspect that has hit and I appreciate SOSZ being here

Best of luck with the exams!
“You, are a rebellious son who abandoned his father. You are a cruel brigand who murdered his lord. How can Heaven and Earth put up with you for long? And unless you die soon, how can you face the sight of men?”
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:05 pm

Sorry to hear your days aren’t treating you well lately, Dong.

I don’t want to speculate on what your latter situation entails, but as someone who has moved on from major parts of my life as well, my advice is to embrace the memories. Past Dong’s enjoyment and experiences are still very real. What you are today is shaped by all of your experiences, including the ones left behind. Regret has a nasty way of making even good memories seem lost to time, but ultimately they still exist just through you being you. :mrgreen:

If none of that applies you can ignore me. :lol:
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:28 am

Over time I think I will embrace the memories and I had great times with some great people, at the moment it is just tinged with too much regret and hurt to fully appreciate that but you are right

Thanks Jia Nanfeng
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Dong Zhou » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Since I tend to only post this when things are wrong, now to do one when things are right. Gars got infected last but infection healed and my ears nearly fully cleared, just one minor mopping up with ear drops for one ear and should having hearing 100% back, nice to have end in sight after a month or so. Been a good week really, played some DW, doing Yuan Shao analysis and enjoying it
Dong Zhou
A-Dou
A-Dou

Unread postby Jia Nanfeng » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:51 pm

That’s great news! Must feel awesome to hear normally again. :mrgreen:
Jia Nanfeng
Academic

Unread postby Sun Fin » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:57 pm

I can’t imagine what it must have been like to lose hearing so very pleased for you Dong! I’m also looking forward to reading your Yuan Shao analysis.
Sun Fin
Librarian of Shen Zhou

Previous

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads