Page 55 of 59

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:57 pm
by Semiazas
I found the name Semiazas when I was doing some brief research into different mythologies as an interest in it was sparked by.... Something, I don't remember what.
If my memory serves correctly, in Babylonian mythology, Semiazas is the king of the fallen angels, which I just thought was cool, so I've used to as a universal name wherever possible :)

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:12 pm
by Human5
How Human5 became my username to everything:

    I'm a Human.
    My favorite number is 5.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:31 pm
by Zhuanyong
Semiazas wrote:If my memory serves correctly, in Babylonian mythology, Semiazas is the king of the fallen angels, which I just thought was cool, so I've used to as a universal name wherever possible :)


Very interesting. In Sefer Henok (Book of Enoch), Semjaza is considered one of the chiefs of the fallen angels along with Azazel.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:13 am
by Qu Hui
I honestly picked a random name that sounded Chinese to fit in. According to Lady Wu, it means 'going and returning', which is actually the opposite of me, since I'm pretty much always here and on #SoSZ.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 am
by epaminondas146871
Semiazas wrote:I found the name Semiazas when I was doing some brief research into different mythologies as an interest in it was sparked by.... Something, I don't remember what.
If my memory serves correctly, in Babylonian mythology, Semiazas is the king of the fallen angels, which I just thought was cool, so I've used to as a universal name wherever possible :)


My favorite angel is by far... Metatron. Yes he's an angel, no he's not a transformer. No he's not from tron. And no he's not the terminator.

Epaminondas... theban general, politician, and statesman of fourth century B.C. Greece.
Rest in peace David Gemmell. Lion of Macedon inspired me.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:10 pm
by Xia Kyoto
Thought I might have posted in here, or there's another thread like it.

Xia, after my most favored dynasty that apparently was the first and reigned for close or over 800 years, but it's debatable. Kyoto stuck with me from the movie Memoirs of a geisha, I forget if it was the sisters name or someones name, but I know it's the name of the former imperial capitol of Japan. Originally, my name should have been Xia Tzu, and I made an account as such, but it was hacked by a fake friend who spammed it on one or two occasions just to make me look silly. Over a thousand and a couple hundreds posts later, my username is still Xia Kyoto.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:10 pm
by Human5
and I made an account as such, but it was hacked by a fake friend who spammed it on one or two occasions just to make me look silly.


How is this supposed to happen? :cry: I made an account for my brother and he ended up spamming the board, and the administrators almost thought it was me!!! :?

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:15 pm
by Xia Kyoto
Human5 wrote:
How is this supposed to happen? :cry: I made an account for my brother and he ended up spamming the board, and the administrators almost thought it was me!!! :?


My password was an insider and thus obvious to the both of us, so I guess he just got lucky and found access to the account. I see, that is unfortunate, especially when one individual has been there as well.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:39 pm
by Striga
Seeing this, I should probably change my password to something less easy to guess. Striga has been my username for a long time. It's the easiest username for me to remember, and even with the choice of so many Three Kingdoms people, I would still choose Striga even if allowed to change.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:36 am
by epaminondas146871
Striga wrote:Seeing this, I should probably change my password to something less easy to guess. Striga has been my username for a long time. It's the easiest username for me to remember, and even with the choice of so many Three Kingdoms people, I would still choose Striga even if allowed to change.


Same here. If you see epaminondas146871 on Youtube, PhysicsForums, BodybuildingForums (don't comment), MarketWatch, or anywhere else with a username, that's me!