What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Best threads of The Pub, for your viewing pleasure.

Re: What inspired your name here at SoSZ?

Unread postby Semiazas » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:57 pm

I found the name Semiazas when I was doing some brief research into different mythologies as an interest in it was sparked by.... Something, I don't remember what.
If my memory serves correctly, in Babylonian mythology, Semiazas is the king of the fallen angels, which I just thought was cool, so I've used to as a universal name wherever possible :)
Semiazas
Apprentice

Unread postby Human5 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:12 pm

How Human5 became my username to everything:

I'm a Human.
    My favorite number is 5.
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Zhuanyong » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:31 pm

Semiazas wrote:If my memory serves correctly, in Babylonian mythology, Semiazas is the king of the fallen angels, which I just thought was cool, so I've used to as a universal name wherever possible :)

Very interesting. In Sefer Henok (Book of Enoch), Semjaza is considered one of the chiefs of the fallen angels along with Azazel.

[No comment]
Zhuanyong
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Qu Hui » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:13 am

I honestly picked a random name that sounded Chinese to fit in. According to Lady Wu, it means 'going and returning', which is actually the opposite of me, since I'm pretty much always here and on #SoSZ.
My avatar is Roy from Fire Emblem: Binding Blade, as he appears in Fire Emblem: Awakening
Quote of the "Day": "The world always seems brighter when you've just made something that wasn't there before." -Neil Gaiman
Qu Hui
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:02 am

Semiazas wrote:I found the name Semiazas when I was doing some brief research into different mythologies as an interest in it was sparked by.... Something, I don't remember what.
If my memory serves correctly, in Babylonian mythology, Semiazas is the king of the fallen angels, which I just thought was cool, so I've used to as a universal name wherever possible :)

My favorite angel is by far... Metatron. Yes he's an angel, no he's not a transformer. No he's not from tron. And no he's not the terminator.

Epaminondas... theban general, politician, and statesman of fourth century B.C. Greece.
Rest in peace David Gemmell. Lion of Macedon inspired me.
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:10 pm

Thought I might have posted in here, or there's another thread like it.

Xia, after my most favored dynasty that apparently was the first and reigned for close or over 800 years, but it's debatable. Kyoto stuck with me from the movie Memoirs of a geisha, I forget if it was the sisters name or someones name, but I know it's the name of the former imperial capitol of Japan. Originally, my name should have been Xia Tzu, and I made an account as such, but it was hacked by a fake friend who spammed it on one or two occasions just to make me look silly. Over a thousand and a couple hundreds posts later, my username is still Xia Kyoto.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Human5 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:10 pm

and I made an account as such, but it was hacked by a fake friend who spammed it on one or two occasions just to make me look silly.

How is this supposed to happen? :cry: I made an account for my brother and he ended up spamming the board, and the administrators almost thought it was me!!! :?
Human5
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Xia Kyoto » Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:15 pm

Human5 wrote:
How is this supposed to happen? :cry: I made an account for my brother and he ended up spamming the board, and the administrators almost thought it was me!!! :?

My password was an insider and thus obvious to the both of us, so I guess he just got lucky and found access to the account. I see, that is unfortunate, especially when one individual has been there as well.
"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.. and if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." - Nietzsche
Xia Kyoto
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby Striga » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Seeing this, I should probably change my password to something less easy to guess. Striga has been my username for a long time. It's the easiest username for me to remember, and even with the choice of so many Three Kingdoms people, I would still choose Striga even if allowed to change.
"Immense power is fun! You should try it sometime." -Syndra (favourite quote XD)
Striga
Scholar of Shen Zhou

Unread postby epaminondas146871 » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:36 am

Striga wrote:Seeing this, I should probably change my password to something less easy to guess. Striga has been my username for a long time. It's the easiest username for me to remember, and even with the choice of so many Three Kingdoms people, I would still choose Striga even if allowed to change.

Same here. If you see epaminondas146871 on Youtube, PhysicsForums, BodybuildingForums (don't comment), MarketWatch, or anywhere else with a username, that's me!
"Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all." - Alexander

"The higher we soar, the smaller we appear to those who cannot fly." - Friedrich Nietzsche
epaminondas146871
Scholar of Shen Zhou

PreviousNext

Return to The Pub, Timeless Threads